Sims 2 Mods
I've found it interesting talk on Modthesims2 about 'creating' patches for Sims 2. While no one SEEMED to have a problem changing 'woohoo' to the F word on screen they DID seem to have a problem with a) teenagers having sex and b) a discussion was had about gays having genetic kids.
I was surprised and a little peeved that gays couldn't mix their genetics to have kids. While I've spent very little time playing the game- part of it was that I wanted the game to be 'just right' to me before playing.
The first thing I wanted was naked skins for the girls. I got that >:) It was about a week or two AFTER the official release that 'atomically correct' females started showing up. In fact I found that some male skins that I had downloaded for 'body hair'- ya know hairy chests- ended up being nice for the girls as well.
It took a while, last week, til I found a 'default nude' that was atomically correct. By default it means that when I start creating a female... she'll automatically have the naughty bits instead of me having to change to another skin. Though to be trueful my 'favorite' nude isn't the default and I don't know if I can change it- but oh well it's good to have different body types.
For the men- while I have hairy bodies- and like that body hair... none of them are truly 'real'... this is because the Sims bodies are 3-d and the shells that EA created are smooth down there. So while people can 'draw' the male naughty bit on the stomach- as if 'at attention'- it doesn't dangle or stick out. Since I'm not into the male body- it doesn't bother me a whole lot.
Then I needed comic and 'adult' slash risque outfits for my girls. This has taken the most time as I look for stuff that's JUST right... that I think is fun looking. I've downloaded over a gig of stuff for my Sims.... different nude skin types, different eyes, different hair, different clothes- for baby, kid, teen, adult and what few elder outfits I can. Oh and FYI I've got a 56K modem so THINK for a moment how long it has taken me not only to find the outfit and stuff I want BUT also download time.
I've got Harley Quinn, the New New Mutants in teen and adult outfits, both Kid Flashes( Wally and Bart), Wolfsbane, Crighton from Farscape, a couple of Legion of Superheroes( in their old 50's outfits) and a few wonder womans.
Sadly for the comic scene... well as mentioned, the skins are 3-d and there's no mod for CAPES, so I have no REAL Superman... Likewise Batman seems to be a problem because of the cape as well as the 'pointy things up top'- the closest they've gotten was to make the ears spockish.
I also thought that it would be AGES til I could get a G'nort. As I liked G'nort in the first one- so he would need ears up top( like bats) and a tail. HOWEVER I realized as I looked at the EA Sims 2 official skin site, that G'nort would be a 'furry', he'd be humanesque but would have fur and would possibly pass that fur down. Ick. So it's not in the cards to have a G'nort this time.
Now that I have a scanner- I intend to TRY and get someone to make Guy, in his one true Lantern outfit and Powergirl( what can I say I'm a sucker for her outfit).
I JUST( while writing this- though I started this post last week before T-day) found a patch that will let gays get kids. I am SOOO happy! I really am. Since I've downloaded a good amount of CUTE women, I've really thought of making a mostly women trampy town... with maybe a few males( like Guy). I wanted male outfits because I figured that while the first generation might be mostly female, they might bred male and I'd want outfits for their kids.
I'm really happy that somebody made this patch. I had thought when I had read that gays couldn't have kids that EA had dropped the ball. I mean if they let you kill your Sims in 'interesting ways', have the people try to stop the Grim Reaper from taking their loved ones, and have the males get abducted AND impregnated by aliens--- the least they could do was let two adult females have kids.
Right now I also have a patch that lets teens 'fool around'- ie have sex. I'm glad they can do that ;-) As it will make them more fun and a tad more 'real'. They can't get pregnant... which people on modthesims debate back and forth about whether that is right or wrong. Personally I don't care. I just like that they can fool around. If they can't have kids themselves, I'm just going to imagine that they live in a world where they are properly taught birth control and no one has kids unless THEY want the kids.
I'm pretty happy. Now that I have a patch so that I can have lesbians have kids- I'll prolly be playing/ messing around with Sims 2 later this week/ weekend. Yes there are prolly PLENTY of outfits that I'd like my sims to be able to wear... but again I've downloaded over of gig of stuff- spending weeks on this game that I've played for maybe 5 hours actually playing it. The tipping point was my desire for adult skins which I have, and for gays to be able to have kids- which I got today, so there's no reason NOT to play...
... except, oh yeah, I need to spend some time looking for a job ;-)
I was surprised and a little peeved that gays couldn't mix their genetics to have kids. While I've spent very little time playing the game- part of it was that I wanted the game to be 'just right' to me before playing.
The first thing I wanted was naked skins for the girls. I got that >:) It was about a week or two AFTER the official release that 'atomically correct' females started showing up. In fact I found that some male skins that I had downloaded for 'body hair'- ya know hairy chests- ended up being nice for the girls as well.
It took a while, last week, til I found a 'default nude' that was atomically correct. By default it means that when I start creating a female... she'll automatically have the naughty bits instead of me having to change to another skin. Though to be trueful my 'favorite' nude isn't the default and I don't know if I can change it- but oh well it's good to have different body types.
For the men- while I have hairy bodies- and like that body hair... none of them are truly 'real'... this is because the Sims bodies are 3-d and the shells that EA created are smooth down there. So while people can 'draw' the male naughty bit on the stomach- as if 'at attention'- it doesn't dangle or stick out. Since I'm not into the male body- it doesn't bother me a whole lot.
Then I needed comic and 'adult' slash risque outfits for my girls. This has taken the most time as I look for stuff that's JUST right... that I think is fun looking. I've downloaded over a gig of stuff for my Sims.... different nude skin types, different eyes, different hair, different clothes- for baby, kid, teen, adult and what few elder outfits I can. Oh and FYI I've got a 56K modem so THINK for a moment how long it has taken me not only to find the outfit and stuff I want BUT also download time.
I've got Harley Quinn, the New New Mutants in teen and adult outfits, both Kid Flashes( Wally and Bart), Wolfsbane, Crighton from Farscape, a couple of Legion of Superheroes( in their old 50's outfits) and a few wonder womans.
Sadly for the comic scene... well as mentioned, the skins are 3-d and there's no mod for CAPES, so I have no REAL Superman... Likewise Batman seems to be a problem because of the cape as well as the 'pointy things up top'- the closest they've gotten was to make the ears spockish.
I also thought that it would be AGES til I could get a G'nort. As I liked G'nort in the first one- so he would need ears up top( like bats) and a tail. HOWEVER I realized as I looked at the EA Sims 2 official skin site, that G'nort would be a 'furry', he'd be humanesque but would have fur and would possibly pass that fur down. Ick. So it's not in the cards to have a G'nort this time.
Now that I have a scanner- I intend to TRY and get someone to make Guy, in his one true Lantern outfit and Powergirl( what can I say I'm a sucker for her outfit).
I JUST( while writing this- though I started this post last week before T-day) found a patch that will let gays get kids. I am SOOO happy! I really am. Since I've downloaded a good amount of CUTE women, I've really thought of making a mostly women trampy town... with maybe a few males( like Guy). I wanted male outfits because I figured that while the first generation might be mostly female, they might bred male and I'd want outfits for their kids.
I'm really happy that somebody made this patch. I had thought when I had read that gays couldn't have kids that EA had dropped the ball. I mean if they let you kill your Sims in 'interesting ways', have the people try to stop the Grim Reaper from taking their loved ones, and have the males get abducted AND impregnated by aliens--- the least they could do was let two adult females have kids.
Right now I also have a patch that lets teens 'fool around'- ie have sex. I'm glad they can do that ;-) As it will make them more fun and a tad more 'real'. They can't get pregnant... which people on modthesims debate back and forth about whether that is right or wrong. Personally I don't care. I just like that they can fool around. If they can't have kids themselves, I'm just going to imagine that they live in a world where they are properly taught birth control and no one has kids unless THEY want the kids.
I'm pretty happy. Now that I have a patch so that I can have lesbians have kids- I'll prolly be playing/ messing around with Sims 2 later this week/ weekend. Yes there are prolly PLENTY of outfits that I'd like my sims to be able to wear... but again I've downloaded over of gig of stuff- spending weeks on this game that I've played for maybe 5 hours actually playing it. The tipping point was my desire for adult skins which I have, and for gays to be able to have kids- which I got today, so there's no reason NOT to play...
... except, oh yeah, I need to spend some time looking for a job ;-)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home