Special DVDs
So I went by a record store today and saw the Jaws 25th anniversary Special Edition on sale for like $8... And I thought to myself: $8, that's a pretty good price for it, I don't have Jaws, I like Jaws, $8 doesn't seem a lot to own Jaws. But then I remember that Adj had mentioned that there was gonna be a SPECIALER( is that a word? Special, specialer, specialist?) 30th edition.
So maybe $8 bucks is too much for a sub standard edition.
I still felt that $8 was a good price BUT it would leave a bad taste in my mouth if I were to buy it and find out that the SPECIALER edition would indeed be more special.
I went on Amazon and booya! The 30th anniversary edition has a special 2 hour 'making of' that's "never been seen before".
Though I do find it odd that the 25th edition runs a minute longer then the 30th. Very Strange.
But this does bother me. I feel if you buy a movie, you should HAVE the movie. If I buy X-Men on DVD and then the studio comes out with X-Men 1.5, they should give me a mail in coupon for like 1/2 of what I paid for X-men. It's happened too many times with dvds... They come up with a special edition that's neat-o to the x-treme til they come out with the X-tra Special Edition.
I don't like studios double dipping and charging me more for a movie I've already bought from them. That's why I don't plan on buying Kill Bill for another few years as I know a) the foreign cut is more violent and b) I figure they WILL cut the movies together. I could be wrong but once burnt, twice shy.
I have only bought one movie on dvd twice. For X-men I decided that I was happy with what I bought and Fox was going to have to do something SPECIAL to get more of my hard earned money.
The movie I bought twice- Iron Giant because the first one didn't have deleted scenes or 'specials' it was just burnt to make a quick buck- when Warner realized that Brad Bird was hot due to the Incredibles, they decided to cash in and give the fans what they wanted. I'm not happy that I gave them more money but I felt I did get my money's worth the second time around.
I share adj's pain of buying a movie more then once... And plan to wait a couple of weeks to get the 30th anniversary of Jaws. However at the same time, I don't plan on buying the 35th anniversary edition.
So maybe $8 bucks is too much for a sub standard edition.
I still felt that $8 was a good price BUT it would leave a bad taste in my mouth if I were to buy it and find out that the SPECIALER edition would indeed be more special.
I went on Amazon and booya! The 30th anniversary edition has a special 2 hour 'making of' that's "never been seen before".
Though I do find it odd that the 25th edition runs a minute longer then the 30th. Very Strange.
But this does bother me. I feel if you buy a movie, you should HAVE the movie. If I buy X-Men on DVD and then the studio comes out with X-Men 1.5, they should give me a mail in coupon for like 1/2 of what I paid for X-men. It's happened too many times with dvds... They come up with a special edition that's neat-o to the x-treme til they come out with the X-tra Special Edition.
I don't like studios double dipping and charging me more for a movie I've already bought from them. That's why I don't plan on buying Kill Bill for another few years as I know a) the foreign cut is more violent and b) I figure they WILL cut the movies together. I could be wrong but once burnt, twice shy.
I have only bought one movie on dvd twice. For X-men I decided that I was happy with what I bought and Fox was going to have to do something SPECIAL to get more of my hard earned money.
The movie I bought twice- Iron Giant because the first one didn't have deleted scenes or 'specials' it was just burnt to make a quick buck- when Warner realized that Brad Bird was hot due to the Incredibles, they decided to cash in and give the fans what they wanted. I'm not happy that I gave them more money but I felt I did get my money's worth the second time around.
I share adj's pain of buying a movie more then once... And plan to wait a couple of weeks to get the 30th anniversary of Jaws. However at the same time, I don't plan on buying the 35th anniversary edition.


1 Comments:
At 6/04/2005 03:26:00 AM,
Unknown said…
Between different editions being on different disks and different features being on different disks, I had to buy 4 copies of Army of Darkness in order to have the definitive versions of both the US and European release and documentaries.
I have the 25th anniversary Jaws and it's great. How much is going to be in the making of featurette that we don;t already know from anectodal stories about the film's making over the past 30 years?
Suckers with wallets are why George Lucas keeps remaking Star Wars.
Post a Comment
<< Home