Messages in Bottles

Monday, May 23, 2005

My Birthday

Well I had to work yesterday because A) I need the money and B) one of my co-workers couldn't work Sunday and the other is a jerk.

I didn't really work because the place was dead. I had 4 sales and maybe 4 other people browse the store. I strong armed a friend to showing up and hanging out on her way to work.
I also brought several movies with me and got to watch the Big Hit. The Big Hit is one of those movies that is just bubblegum pop on screen but I love sooo much. It has an 'all star cast' with Marky Mark, Lou Diamond Phillips, Avery Brooks and newcomer China Chow as *woof* the hostage/love interest. Had we done the top five a few years ago- this would've been on it as I used to watch it a lot... However since I hadn't seen it in a few years, and the list made me think of it- I ended up bringing it with me.

My mom called me before work... and asked me if I had heard from my father *smirk* I told her what I blogged on Friday- that he called Friday and said he knew my birthday was 'in a few days'- not nailing it down.
And I got a very nice card from Carolyn...

I had dinner with another friend, checked my messages and had a wonderful message from my sister and her son... Her 2 year old sang happy birthday to me... Well my answering machine, as I wasn't home. It was the cutest thing.

I was home in time to watch the tail end of the Charmed ones and all of Desperate Housewives. It was a quiet birthday but a nice one.

And I used a good portion of the money I earned yesterday to buy myself Dead Like Me season 1. Haven't seen it at all yet, but it comes highly recommended from evan. I thought of renting it first to double check if I liked it.... But I didn't because I realized that would 'add' to the cost of Dead Like Me. See the used was at a pretty good price but if I rented it- that would be just upping the amount of money I would end up paying for Dead Like Me if I liked it, which evan thinks I will.
That's why I rarely rent stuff these days... with rentals costing like 4 or 5 bucks and movies costing like 20, I usually prefer to buy. If I don't like a movie, I can always sell it used...
And if I don't like it... Evan will get a slightly more used Dead Like Me season one for HIS birthday.

Oh and Evan gave me a few weeks ago before my b'day some heroclix and a SNAZZY tee-shirt. My mom helped pay my phone bill and is taking me to spamalot in June. And another friend still has to gift me- He was at his bachelor's party yesterday.

2 Comments:

  • At 5/23/2005 11:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday Drew!

    Spamalot in June? I'm terribly jealous right now!

    Adrienne

     
  • At 5/24/2005 10:40:00 AM, Blogger Drew said…

    *blush* yeah my mom got them in like Feb. before any reviews had come out. I just *knew* from the cast that it was gonna be good.

    And I have a freind who's already seen it who loved it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home