Hours...
Well I had mixed feelings about next week's schedule... and after I highlighted the days that I was working, I noticed that I was scheduled for FIVE days. Warning bells went off in my mind as a) that's how Staples started screwing me, asking me for more hours but not bennys... and b) I'm still working at the game store- so those two days off at the 'main' job would be the two days I was working at the other store.
I talked briefly to the manager... I let him know in a 'non judgemental' tone that while I would be WILLING to work five days, I didn't want to make a habit of it. I especially felt a need to talk to him about this as I am tired and need a day off from time to time... And I felt that X-mas wasn't a total day off as I had to get up at the same time as my job, had a crappy sleep and then had to stay up until midnight getting home the day after x-mas.
He basically said 'No problem' and said he'd get someone else( whom he named but I forgot) to do one of the days... as she wanted the hours. After he left, I realized that perhaps from his pov he was showing me some approval. I say this because most of the times, the first thing you do in Retail when you want to get rid of someone is cut their hours. And here he was upping mine. However I think I did the right thing as I don't know if I could've worked from Tuesday until whatever day in the week after next he'd give me off next.
And yes I know that I only work a 1/2 day on one of the days I work at the game store... but by the time I get up a little late, go to the gym and do an errand or two... it seems to be 3pm and I need to head to the game store.
So tired, but feeling sorta good about the job.
I talked briefly to the manager... I let him know in a 'non judgemental' tone that while I would be WILLING to work five days, I didn't want to make a habit of it. I especially felt a need to talk to him about this as I am tired and need a day off from time to time... And I felt that X-mas wasn't a total day off as I had to get up at the same time as my job, had a crappy sleep and then had to stay up until midnight getting home the day after x-mas.
He basically said 'No problem' and said he'd get someone else( whom he named but I forgot) to do one of the days... as she wanted the hours. After he left, I realized that perhaps from his pov he was showing me some approval. I say this because most of the times, the first thing you do in Retail when you want to get rid of someone is cut their hours. And here he was upping mine. However I think I did the right thing as I don't know if I could've worked from Tuesday until whatever day in the week after next he'd give me off next.
And yes I know that I only work a 1/2 day on one of the days I work at the game store... but by the time I get up a little late, go to the gym and do an errand or two... it seems to be 3pm and I need to head to the game store.
So tired, but feeling sorta good about the job.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home