Messages in Bottles

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Shrinkage

90% of the times I wash my tee shirts and then let them drip dry. I do this because I don’t want my tees to shrink AND they usually have some comic logo (like the Flash symbol) or a pithy saying (all your oil are belong to us.) that I don’t washed off.
HOWEVER today I washed my work tee shirt. I got ONE of them (feel I should’ve been given 2 as I wear it every day I work) and put it in the dryer. I had some misgivings about putting it in the dryer- as many of my tee shirts are a bit large( 1 size larger then they prolly should be), this one however was ‘just my size’. I got it at ‘just my size’( a large as opposed to my usual XL shirts) because I’ve been dieting and wanted to wear a large… I did ask a co worker if it was the ‘right size’ and they said yes. I thought of asking for an XL, for fear of laundry shrinkage… but refrained as I didn’t want to appear to be ‘chubby’.
I put the shirt into the dryer because it had a good deal of lint. WAY more then my regular t-shirts… The regular tees say “cold”, the work tee said “warm” so I put it in the warm with my pants… Perhaps I didn’t get a piece of paper in my pants or something but my black work tee got major lint… And while I can accept lint at the game store, I didn’t think that would be good for my other job.
So it went into the dryer and I think it shrank a bit as it felt a tad too snug.

In a leap of logic, I decided to get the work tee wet and hang it up, hoping that the moisture would ‘de-shrink’ it.

I’m blogging this in case someone has a suggestion sort of asking for an XL tee from my new place of work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home