Earl...
Unhappy because I just read that Earl will be moving from Tuesday 9pm to Thrusday 9pm.
I am unhappy about that because first- I like Earl where it was. Nice time, nothing else going on on Tuesday.
Second- I don't like NBC trying to REVIVE 'must see Thursday' by moving Earl and Office to Thrusday. I never really liked the "must see" line up and so am unhappy that the execs want put their eggs in one basket- instead of spreading out the hits...
Third- they'll have it up against CSI. I watch 3 shows on a regular basis right now- My Name is Earl, CSI and Drawn Together. And now two of the shows are going to be against each other?
But the main reason I'm unhappy is because NBC has me. I'd rather watch Earl and catch CSI in reruns... esp. as I'm more sure that there will be CSI reruns then Earl... which I'm not sure will survive the move.
I am unhappy about that because first- I like Earl where it was. Nice time, nothing else going on on Tuesday.
Second- I don't like NBC trying to REVIVE 'must see Thursday' by moving Earl and Office to Thrusday. I never really liked the "must see" line up and so am unhappy that the execs want put their eggs in one basket- instead of spreading out the hits...
Third- they'll have it up against CSI. I watch 3 shows on a regular basis right now- My Name is Earl, CSI and Drawn Together. And now two of the shows are going to be against each other?
But the main reason I'm unhappy is because NBC has me. I'd rather watch Earl and catch CSI in reruns... esp. as I'm more sure that there will be CSI reruns then Earl... which I'm not sure will survive the move.


2 Comments:
At 12/21/2005 04:57:00 AM,
Unknown said…
Earl is one of the top rated comedies this season, I suspect it'll survive (as it's a hit with fans and critics) (the move to Thursday doesn't bother my CSI viewing because I can tivo one while I watch the other, but feel empathy for those who can't). I always knew Earl would move so that Scrubs (MY favorite tv show, btw) would get its timeslot back in January; I just hoped it would move somewhere better, like Friday.
A lot of shows are getting timeslot upheavals because of returning shows (24, Scrubs, American Idol...) and lagging shows (Joey); I wish they could have planned better for the returning shows ahead of time.
At 12/21/2005 10:04:00 PM,
Drew said…
One- a hit with critics doesn't mean alot after you look at Arrested Development.
Two- many shows lose alot of the audience when they move. I remember hearing that WKRP, while at first a success was moved too much for fans to follow it...
And I fear that there are other people like me who watch both Earl AND CSI; but unlike me will choose CSI over Earl.
Post a Comment
<< Home