Evan Q's and A's
Evan tagged me a week or so with ANOTHER meme. I’ve been busy working, shopping for the holidays and trying to unwind, so I’m just going to post a couple and go a bit into depth of one of my bad habits as I want to really blog about a bad habit I have…
What were you doing ten years ago?
God… had to look at my resume to answer that… my first retail job. I can’t recall much about that year. Bad memory and just too much things have happened since then.
What were you doing 1 year ago?
Being depressed after I quit my job at Staples.
Five Snacks that you enjoy?
1) Peanuts
2) Kettle cooked potato chips
3) Reeces Peanut Butter Cups
4) Peanut M’s
5) Reeces' Pieces...
( notice a peanut trend? I do)
Five Things You Like Doing?
1) Hanging out with friends
2) Reading: Comics, books, and political websites.
3) Playing video games
4) Zoning out watching TV.
5) Going to the movies
Five things you'd do if you were a millionaire?
1A) Buy at least one of each of my parents’ mortgages.
OR depending on my mood
1B) buy myself a new identity so I didn't have to deal with my family
2) Buy a condo for myself
3) Set up a trust fund for my current nephew and future nieces and nephews
4) Travel, Travel, Travel
5) Buy even more crap that I don’t need… but looks KEWL.
Five Bad Habits.
1) Buying crap I don’t need that looks KEWL.
2) Biting my fingernails (broke this habit for a few years)
3) Procrastinating/ Laziness
4) Obsessing about the BAD things that could happen.
5) Using fillers in conversations as I try to remember the word/idea I want to get accross.
And I want to expand on the "Obsessing about the BAD things that could happen". Basically I have an overactive imagination, and it usually goes to the dark side. For example my father doesn’t want to pick me up at the train station tomorrow, and has asked me to get a cab. As soon as I read that I imagined that the cab driver would just snap while driving me… and leave me in back country of Ct. I just worry about this because I have an overactive imagination and I don’t like the idea of trusting someone I don’t know so completely with my well being… I mean if I was in a city and the cab driver wanted to dick me… I’d still have ways to get where I need to go…
And this is not the first( and prolly won’t be the last) where I’ll obsess about something and get myself all worked up about something that prolly won’t EVER happen
As for 5- having a large vocab sometimes means I have to search my internal lexicon for the right word/image. I know that I say “Umm…” and “ya know…” way more then my mother wants. A perfect example was when I was talking to friends about the upcoming holiday and I said an aunt was bitter… I meant that she’s a ‘nit picker’ and finds fault with everything. She’s sometimes a bitter pill… but not BITTER per say.
Likewise I used the wrong image to describe my dad. I tried to come up with a black hole analogy, but failed as I started wrongly. Basically I was trying to say that my father somehow would NOT leave his house on X-mas. He won’t pick me from the Train Station, my older brother from the airport drop off point… or get his aunt from the home she’s in. My friend, Mike, made me realize that it’s not the house that’s a black hole but the fact that my father MUST remain near his wife. So at work, with nothing to do but think, I realized my dad was a grouper fish. He might look mean and nasty by himself but he lives off the scraps of the REAL predator/master- his wife. I’ve often had problems properly imagining my dad- because while he was a successful business man, I always saw him as a bottom… subverting himself for his woman (first his second wife and now his third wife.) and selling me and my brother Jon for said women.
What were you doing ten years ago?
God… had to look at my resume to answer that… my first retail job. I can’t recall much about that year. Bad memory and just too much things have happened since then.
What were you doing 1 year ago?
Being depressed after I quit my job at Staples.
Five Snacks that you enjoy?
1) Peanuts
2) Kettle cooked potato chips
3) Reeces Peanut Butter Cups
4) Peanut M’s
5) Reeces' Pieces...
( notice a peanut trend? I do)
Five Things You Like Doing?
1) Hanging out with friends
2) Reading: Comics, books, and political websites.
3) Playing video games
4) Zoning out watching TV.
5) Going to the movies
Five things you'd do if you were a millionaire?
1A) Buy at least one of each of my parents’ mortgages.
OR depending on my mood
1B) buy myself a new identity so I didn't have to deal with my family
2) Buy a condo for myself
3) Set up a trust fund for my current nephew and future nieces and nephews
4) Travel, Travel, Travel
5) Buy even more crap that I don’t need… but looks KEWL.
Five Bad Habits.
1) Buying crap I don’t need that looks KEWL.
2) Biting my fingernails (broke this habit for a few years)
3) Procrastinating/ Laziness
4) Obsessing about the BAD things that could happen.
5) Using fillers in conversations as I try to remember the word/idea I want to get accross.
And I want to expand on the "Obsessing about the BAD things that could happen". Basically I have an overactive imagination, and it usually goes to the dark side. For example my father doesn’t want to pick me up at the train station tomorrow, and has asked me to get a cab. As soon as I read that I imagined that the cab driver would just snap while driving me… and leave me in back country of Ct. I just worry about this because I have an overactive imagination and I don’t like the idea of trusting someone I don’t know so completely with my well being… I mean if I was in a city and the cab driver wanted to dick me… I’d still have ways to get where I need to go…
And this is not the first( and prolly won’t be the last) where I’ll obsess about something and get myself all worked up about something that prolly won’t EVER happen
As for 5- having a large vocab sometimes means I have to search my internal lexicon for the right word/image. I know that I say “Umm…” and “ya know…” way more then my mother wants. A perfect example was when I was talking to friends about the upcoming holiday and I said an aunt was bitter… I meant that she’s a ‘nit picker’ and finds fault with everything. She’s sometimes a bitter pill… but not BITTER per say.
Likewise I used the wrong image to describe my dad. I tried to come up with a black hole analogy, but failed as I started wrongly. Basically I was trying to say that my father somehow would NOT leave his house on X-mas. He won’t pick me from the Train Station, my older brother from the airport drop off point… or get his aunt from the home she’s in. My friend, Mike, made me realize that it’s not the house that’s a black hole but the fact that my father MUST remain near his wife. So at work, with nothing to do but think, I realized my dad was a grouper fish. He might look mean and nasty by himself but he lives off the scraps of the REAL predator/master- his wife. I’ve often had problems properly imagining my dad- because while he was a successful business man, I always saw him as a bottom… subverting himself for his woman (first his second wife and now his third wife.) and selling me and my brother Jon for said women.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home