Why bootlegs sux.
Ok... so I didn't notice it until last night... but my sound was down. I had noticed that the sound went out during the ONE bootleg game that actually installed.
Since that I hadn't done anything that required sound so didn't notice that my sound was fried until I tried to play Sims 2 last night.
I had spent most of Tuesday at the cart, HOPING to play Sims 2. That was the only thought in my mind besides: A) how much time until lunch/close and b) How I really wish I had something to think about besides how long until lunch/close.
So imagine my anger (not hard to imagine) how I felt when the sound was gone. I *knew* it had be because of those bootleg games but had NO idea how to fix it. I decided that I would just turn off my computer and let it sleep for a while.
As I’ve often noted, wishful thinking does NOT fix my computer. I did a few tests and realized that it indeed was a software problem and not hardware. However there were only so many hours between the morning and showing up for work… and I had to pick up my comics, get some presents from a friend (who used her discount to get me stuff), do laundry and exercise. I did however make time while doing laundry to back up the important files on my computer “just in case”
So I talked to a friend and talked to the Geek Squad®, who both agreed that I should uninstall the audio software and then reinstall it. Actually my friend suggested the scorched earth idea of just restoring my computer to factory specs- I was the one who just wanted to delete the audio program. The Geek Squad® guy confirmed that my idea had merit and it just took me 3 tries to properly do it… and my sound is working again YIPPE!
Think I’m a bit too tired now for Sims 2… but do plan to play tomorrow (my ONLY full day off). And I sorta wish I could leave like MORE negative feedback for the wanker from Ebay who sent me the evil bootlegs. There is no way I’d ever resell these games, I’d rather take the money hit then the karma hit of doing this to someone ELSE.
Since that I hadn't done anything that required sound so didn't notice that my sound was fried until I tried to play Sims 2 last night.
I had spent most of Tuesday at the cart, HOPING to play Sims 2. That was the only thought in my mind besides: A) how much time until lunch/close and b) How I really wish I had something to think about besides how long until lunch/close.
So imagine my anger (not hard to imagine) how I felt when the sound was gone. I *knew* it had be because of those bootleg games but had NO idea how to fix it. I decided that I would just turn off my computer and let it sleep for a while.
As I’ve often noted, wishful thinking does NOT fix my computer. I did a few tests and realized that it indeed was a software problem and not hardware. However there were only so many hours between the morning and showing up for work… and I had to pick up my comics, get some presents from a friend (who used her discount to get me stuff), do laundry and exercise. I did however make time while doing laundry to back up the important files on my computer “just in case”
So I talked to a friend and talked to the Geek Squad®, who both agreed that I should uninstall the audio software and then reinstall it. Actually my friend suggested the scorched earth idea of just restoring my computer to factory specs- I was the one who just wanted to delete the audio program. The Geek Squad® guy confirmed that my idea had merit and it just took me 3 tries to properly do it… and my sound is working again YIPPE!
Think I’m a bit too tired now for Sims 2… but do plan to play tomorrow (my ONLY full day off). And I sorta wish I could leave like MORE negative feedback for the wanker from Ebay who sent me the evil bootlegs. There is no way I’d ever resell these games, I’d rather take the money hit then the karma hit of doing this to someone ELSE.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home