Messages in Bottles

Thursday, December 01, 2005

One to Two Postal Days

Right now I'm convinced that "one to two postal days" is postal shorthand for "don't call us, we won't call you".

On the 22nd of Nov. I sent the post office the following-
The steps I took to resolve this [the missing package] was a) I talked to
the person who sent the package... He sent me the
tracking number, which said that the packaged was
delivered. b) I then went to the post office on
Huntington Ave. They gave a number 617-375-9666 c) I
called the number, they said they would look for the
package and get back to me in a couple of days d) a
couple of days later *I* called them, they said they
couldn't do anything... so they gave me a 1-800-
number which I called e) the person at the 1-800
number took down my information and said I'd hear back
a couple of days later... which again I did NOT. f) I
went back to the post office on Huntington Ave and
told them I wished to file paperwork to complain about
the letter carrier on my route and what happened G)
THEN and ONLY THEN was I given the address to your
website... I then filled out two forms there... 1) to
ask for the money owed me by your carrier NOT
delivering the package to me and 2) a complaint
against the letter carrier leaving packages in the
lobby of an apartment building and NOT leaving them in
the nearby( block away) post office.


I have NEVER recieved a phone call from the United
States Postal Services. I have been PROMISED a call at
every step of the way, but you have yet to talk to me
about this.

Please help me to resolve this issue.


Their response[ on the 23rd]

Thank you for responding.

I have initiated a second research with the Boston MA Consumer Affairs
Office. You should receive a response within 1-2 Postal business days.
If you should need to contact us back please refer to the confirmation
number XXXXXXXXXX.

If I can be of assistance to you in the future, please don't hesitate
to contact me. Thank you for visiting the United States Post Office.


Needless to say I never heard back so I mailed them before work today...

Hello,

This is what I'm talking about- it has been MORE then
"1-2 Postal business days"- Friday,Monday, Tuesday,
Wednesday- and I *still* have not heard back. Again,
you guys keep saying I'll HEAR from someone but I
never do.
Right now I think the fact that the Post Office isn't
doing anything to resolve the fact that you lost my
package is almost as bad as the losing of the package
in the first place.

So please let me know how I can contact this "Boston
MA Consumer Affairs Office" as they don't seem to be
calling me.

Yours
Andrew


When I got back--- I was amazed that she responded in a day...

I apologize that you have not been contacted with you're outstanding
issue. Previous confirmation number are XXXXXXXX, XXXXXXXXXX.

I am forwarding your email to a Manager for resolution. You should
receive a call back within 1-2 Postal business days.

If I can be of assistance to you in the future, please don't hesitate
to contact me. Thank you for visiting the United States Post Office.


Now I'm just laughing because after COMPLAINING that I'm tired of being told that I'll hear back in "one to two postal days" I'm told that I'll hear back in one to two postal days.
I just wonder if the internet people can respond on the same day or a day later why the people who man the phones can't?
Or is it because the internet person is just trying delay tatics and the phone person would ACTUALLY be expected to resolve things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home