Narc'ing on my older brother
Once again, as I was driving with my brother( during the X-mas/Channukah celebrations) he lit up without asking for permission. We were in the car with our step brother. Now granted my bro was in the back seat... and cracked open the window but he didn't even say anything about smoking- we just smelt it in the air.
BUT had he asked, I would've asked him to smoke up later.
So I wrote my dad. I overemphisised the fact that I was nervous about "random" drug testings, as I did have to get a screening before they would hire me. I asked him to either help me approach my boss and find out if they do have random drug tests... or talk to my brother about lightning up in front of me.
I did this because I know that my dad smokes... but I haven't seen him light up in a while... and hoped that my dad would understand I'm not passing judgment on my brother's smoking habits, just that I wanted him to be aware of things.
I just spoke to my dad, and he did pick up on my older brother's uncaring attitude, and told me that I should just speak up and make my older brother aware of things. My dad also knew that I'd getting neddling for speaking to my bro about it- but to stick to my guns; esp. as he recommended NOT talking to anyone at work about random drug tests.
He then went on for another couple of minutes about his disappointment with my older brother... including wondering if perhaps my brother smokes too much. I held my tounge, save to say that I don't care how much my brother smokes... just so long as he doesn't do it in front of me.
BUT had he asked, I would've asked him to smoke up later.
So I wrote my dad. I overemphisised the fact that I was nervous about "random" drug testings, as I did have to get a screening before they would hire me. I asked him to either help me approach my boss and find out if they do have random drug tests... or talk to my brother about lightning up in front of me.
I did this because I know that my dad smokes... but I haven't seen him light up in a while... and hoped that my dad would understand I'm not passing judgment on my brother's smoking habits, just that I wanted him to be aware of things.
I just spoke to my dad, and he did pick up on my older brother's uncaring attitude, and told me that I should just speak up and make my older brother aware of things. My dad also knew that I'd getting neddling for speaking to my bro about it- but to stick to my guns; esp. as he recommended NOT talking to anyone at work about random drug tests.
He then went on for another couple of minutes about his disappointment with my older brother... including wondering if perhaps my brother smokes too much. I held my tounge, save to say that I don't care how much my brother smokes... just so long as he doesn't do it in front of me.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home