Geek High
I was looking at a Superman comic on the stand a couple of weeks ago, when I had one of my more geeky moments. I was flipping through the comic because Superman has lost his powers AGAIN and I was quasi interested into how he got his power back… this time. In this comic there was a scene where Clark and Lois are at a hockey game and Lois is totally into it, and Clark is reading a book.
Now me being a BOOK geek as well as a comic book geek, I had to look to see what Clark was reading Jennifer Government by Max Barry. My first thought was that Clark had good taste but was a bit behind… as Max Barry’s latest book was Company. Then I took a mental step back and wondered whether it was the writer or editor who had read, and liked Jennifer Government. Finally I realized what a GEEK I was for checking out what Clark was read.
That said, I would highly recommend Jennifer Government and Company. I thought Jennifer Government was an interesting mix of Aussie goodness (as Barry is Australian) and American GREED, as the story happens in Australia but is about the evils of American Corporations( in the future…). Likewise Company is a bloody funny book about the current office dynamics of management vs. employees.
And everyone knows that Clark Kent has excellent taste in books
;-)
Now me being a BOOK geek as well as a comic book geek, I had to look to see what Clark was reading Jennifer Government by Max Barry. My first thought was that Clark had good taste but was a bit behind… as Max Barry’s latest book was Company. Then I took a mental step back and wondered whether it was the writer or editor who had read, and liked Jennifer Government. Finally I realized what a GEEK I was for checking out what Clark was read.
That said, I would highly recommend Jennifer Government and Company. I thought Jennifer Government was an interesting mix of Aussie goodness (as Barry is Australian) and American GREED, as the story happens in Australia but is about the evils of American Corporations( in the future…). Likewise Company is a bloody funny book about the current office dynamics of management vs. employees.
And everyone knows that Clark Kent has excellent taste in books
;-)


1 Comments:
At 5/20/2006 01:51:00 AM,
Unknown said…
I think it might have something to do with flying through a red sun in the last issue of infinite crapfest
Post a Comment
<< Home