I'm on my way...
Well, I’m making a little time to blog on my way out… Funny but I’m reminded of the times, ages ago, when Evan, Adj and I were in the email rpgs… I feel a need/compulsion to let people know that I’m going to be gone for a while (back week from Friday)… It’s sort of like I still check my emails twice a day( when I get up and right before I go to bed)- though I rarely get more then a few important emails a day.
Funniest bump on my road to Amsterdam, I was talking to my mom about what I ‘need’ for the trip last night, as a last minute- “what have I forgotten?” So I asked her IF I needed a long sleeve shirt for Amsterdam… While I’m taking two dress shirts for the wedding, I wondered if I’d needed a non dress one for Amsterdam. She felt I should… and when I looked I found that I only had XL long sleeve shirts; as I started my diet last September and don’t wear long sleeve shirts all that much. I’m now a Med., so I’d be swimming in them. Heck my last purchase for this trip was a pair of jeans as my 36s fall down without my belt, and the 34s I bought are also a little roomy… However I didn’t want to try a 32 at this point especially as I’d rather have roomy pants then tight ones at this point, as I don’t really want to lose any more weight.
Likewise she reminded me that I needed to get my NEW suit pressed. Totally forgot about that as I just left it in a box. I did that almost as soon as I got up, taking it to 3 cleaners before I found one that would have it done by 1 pm. In hindsight, I should’ve realized that the one that I can CLEARLY see the steam press would be able to do it on-site and faster… but no harm no foul as I had to go to the first place to get my altered jeans( I’m short so whenever I buy pants I have to get them shortened), and the second place was between the first and the third.
Which brings me to the problem I’ll face when I get back, my place is an absolute pigsty. Worst it’s been in ages, as I’ve been going through my closet and clothes to get everything ready to be packed. Thus I plan when I get back to REALLY go through my clothes( this time I mean it) and get rid of everything that’s either too big or that I just don’t eff’ing wear( because my mom or dad got it for me).
God- I hope I don’t get robbed because for anyone to see this place would be AWFUL. (was robbed when I went to England at another place.- They took my Laserdisc player and stereo)
I also decided that of all my watches, I’d take one that was ‘mildly’ funny… The Transmetropolitian watch- which has been compared to Evolution as it has a 3 eyed smiley face. In fact, the deal was sealed when my mom saw it in NYC and liked it until she saw the third eye. If I’m going to be forced to wear ONE watch for more then a week, it has to make me smile… and this one does. I thought of my Bizzaro Watch that goes counter clockwise, but ruled it out as it has a plate that you have to move for the time, which makes it a tad annoying.
My VCR will be taping CSI while I’m away- as while they are repeats they are shows I haven’t seen. Plus the only NEW show is the Venture Brothers and I can have a friend tape that, but he won’t watch CSI.
Bills- most of them are ‘paid in advance’- which is to say I paid them all in the last month or so, plus a little ‘extra’ so that I won’t get any “final notices” while I’m away. Likewise rent is going in the mail today. Also for the first time, I talked to the post office about HOLDING my mail, as I expect to get at least one dvd from Greencine while I’m away and who knows what else.
Being no ‘mix master’ I just put a bunch of cds on my psp( of the gig memory, it only has about 7 megs left of space). I made sure to put a mix of cds ranging from Eartha Kitt to Abba, and made sure to put 1776 on it. Think it’s going to be a tad weird being away for the 4th of July- but actually look at it a) I’m going to be in a place MORE free then America and b) will get a vacation day from work, so my bank account won’t hurt as much as if I took vacation next month.
Oh and while my place is a mess- I did clean out my fridge, and plan to de-frost it when I get back. Didn’t defrost it last night because I forgot and don’t want to defrost it while I’m away as there is a bunch of ice in the freezer and I don’t want it to puddle. Likewise, I did the dishes and plan to take out a bag of trash before I leave today with the ‘food’ trash in my garbage can.
Some of my family has commented on my leaving Ireland so darn early- wedding is on Thursday, I leave Friday morning…. Me, I don’t really want to spend time with my older brother, my father and his second and third wives, so I figure a quick getaway is best- besides as heartless as it might sound, I’m looking forward more to Amsterdam then my younger brother’s wedding.
That’s it. I think I’m pretty much good to go. My flight leaves at 7pm so I’m going to leave here at about 4pm… and have dinner at the airport. Oh save to say- as alluded to in the “freedom” part, I plan to do the two things that are legal in Amsterdam that AREN’T here in Ma. ;-) I haven’t done either so I hope I have the guts to do so in Amsterdam… In fact that’s one of my biggest worries is that being a bit of a tight ass, that I won’t let my freak flag fly… but I hope that won’t be a problem as I really feel I deserve and need to cut loose a bit.
Bye!
Funniest bump on my road to Amsterdam, I was talking to my mom about what I ‘need’ for the trip last night, as a last minute- “what have I forgotten?” So I asked her IF I needed a long sleeve shirt for Amsterdam… While I’m taking two dress shirts for the wedding, I wondered if I’d needed a non dress one for Amsterdam. She felt I should… and when I looked I found that I only had XL long sleeve shirts; as I started my diet last September and don’t wear long sleeve shirts all that much. I’m now a Med., so I’d be swimming in them. Heck my last purchase for this trip was a pair of jeans as my 36s fall down without my belt, and the 34s I bought are also a little roomy… However I didn’t want to try a 32 at this point especially as I’d rather have roomy pants then tight ones at this point, as I don’t really want to lose any more weight.
Likewise she reminded me that I needed to get my NEW suit pressed. Totally forgot about that as I just left it in a box. I did that almost as soon as I got up, taking it to 3 cleaners before I found one that would have it done by 1 pm. In hindsight, I should’ve realized that the one that I can CLEARLY see the steam press would be able to do it on-site and faster… but no harm no foul as I had to go to the first place to get my altered jeans( I’m short so whenever I buy pants I have to get them shortened), and the second place was between the first and the third.
Which brings me to the problem I’ll face when I get back, my place is an absolute pigsty. Worst it’s been in ages, as I’ve been going through my closet and clothes to get everything ready to be packed. Thus I plan when I get back to REALLY go through my clothes( this time I mean it) and get rid of everything that’s either too big or that I just don’t eff’ing wear( because my mom or dad got it for me).
God- I hope I don’t get robbed because for anyone to see this place would be AWFUL. (was robbed when I went to England at another place.- They took my Laserdisc player and stereo)
I also decided that of all my watches, I’d take one that was ‘mildly’ funny… The Transmetropolitian watch- which has been compared to Evolution as it has a 3 eyed smiley face. In fact, the deal was sealed when my mom saw it in NYC and liked it until she saw the third eye. If I’m going to be forced to wear ONE watch for more then a week, it has to make me smile… and this one does. I thought of my Bizzaro Watch that goes counter clockwise, but ruled it out as it has a plate that you have to move for the time, which makes it a tad annoying.
My VCR will be taping CSI while I’m away- as while they are repeats they are shows I haven’t seen. Plus the only NEW show is the Venture Brothers and I can have a friend tape that, but he won’t watch CSI.
Bills- most of them are ‘paid in advance’- which is to say I paid them all in the last month or so, plus a little ‘extra’ so that I won’t get any “final notices” while I’m away. Likewise rent is going in the mail today. Also for the first time, I talked to the post office about HOLDING my mail, as I expect to get at least one dvd from Greencine while I’m away and who knows what else.
Being no ‘mix master’ I just put a bunch of cds on my psp( of the gig memory, it only has about 7 megs left of space). I made sure to put a mix of cds ranging from Eartha Kitt to Abba, and made sure to put 1776 on it. Think it’s going to be a tad weird being away for the 4th of July- but actually look at it a) I’m going to be in a place MORE free then America and b) will get a vacation day from work, so my bank account won’t hurt as much as if I took vacation next month.
Oh and while my place is a mess- I did clean out my fridge, and plan to de-frost it when I get back. Didn’t defrost it last night because I forgot and don’t want to defrost it while I’m away as there is a bunch of ice in the freezer and I don’t want it to puddle. Likewise, I did the dishes and plan to take out a bag of trash before I leave today with the ‘food’ trash in my garbage can.
Some of my family has commented on my leaving Ireland so darn early- wedding is on Thursday, I leave Friday morning…. Me, I don’t really want to spend time with my older brother, my father and his second and third wives, so I figure a quick getaway is best- besides as heartless as it might sound, I’m looking forward more to Amsterdam then my younger brother’s wedding.
That’s it. I think I’m pretty much good to go. My flight leaves at 7pm so I’m going to leave here at about 4pm… and have dinner at the airport. Oh save to say- as alluded to in the “freedom” part, I plan to do the two things that are legal in Amsterdam that AREN’T here in Ma. ;-) I haven’t done either so I hope I have the guts to do so in Amsterdam… In fact that’s one of my biggest worries is that being a bit of a tight ass, that I won’t let my freak flag fly… but I hope that won’t be a problem as I really feel I deserve and need to cut loose a bit.
Bye!


2 Comments:
At 6/27/2006 03:50:00 PM,
Angie said…
Have fun, Drew!! Let loose and be wild!! And by all means, share! LOL! But seriously, I hope you have a great time!
Aimee
At 6/29/2006 01:03:00 AM,
the shrewness said…
i want pictures of you doing both. :)
enjoy!
Post a Comment
<< Home