Snapshot of Vaca....
I had a fantabulous vacation (and am amazed that spell checker thinks that fantabulous is a word.). I should mention before I go on that this post is a little on the crude side… ;-)

The picture I’m putting up with this post I’ve labeled “Happy Drew”. When I saw it, after someone took it for me… I was like “Dang, I’m happy!” Of course it most likely didn’t hurt that a) it was the forth of July[ I like the forth] b) it was a beautiful day c) I was have having a beer at the Heineken Experience e) It was the first of 3 FREE beers you get with entry into the Heiny Experience[ although I only drank two] and f) I had a gleam in my eye because I planned to do the “other” freedom loving things in Amsterdam that day.
That’s right for July 4th. I got drunk. I did it with a hooker (who was wearing a red, white and blue bikini, although she wasn’t American) and I “ate the brownie”…. Which is to say… “and then I got high…”. And then I listened to 1776 while high. You see I had a check list of things to do July 4th, and I stuck to my list: drinking- while legal in the states, still an AMERICAN thing to do on the 4th; Banging a woman- check, her being in a flag bikini- bonus points; Scoring some LEGAL pot, check; and because I’m me, I had to LISTEN to 1776 as I couldn’t watch it. God, I love that play.
God my time in Amsterdam was great. And it wasn’t just the whoring and pot; though those did help. I realized that on July 5th. I was on the roof of the NEMO- an Amsterdam children’s science museum… but because it’s in A’dam, well things were a lot cooler there. On the roof there was a wading pool (pic below), several sandboxes, a large chess set and BEER! Yes on top of a children’s museum they served Heineken.

Faboo. Heck I was “forced” to have a beer up there as there was a ‘one drink minimum’. See I paid to get on the roof, and in return for payment I got one drink… which in my mind meant a Heiny. While I was on the roof I got a pleasant buzz on and realized how darn happy I was. I was content just to drink my beer on the roof of the Nemo and watch time go by. I read a bit up there and just chilled. I think in the end THAT was what my trip to A’dam was all about- ME time. Time for me to chill and be happy and not worry about work, bills, my apartment or anything…. Just BE.
So I had a great time. I might blog more about my time in A’dam( not sure as I’ve covered many of the highlights), and I survived the wedding of my younger brother… and might blog more about my family’s disfuntionality during it…. But wanted to get these pics up and tell you I was back.
And speaking of pics- have to finish up with the Groom’s side pic.

It goes from left to right- Older Brother Jon, Younger Bro’s Mom aka My dad’s second wife, Groom- aka Pete, His wife- Breda, My Dad aka the Best Man( hence him and bro wearing the same outfit) and ME.

The picture I’m putting up with this post I’ve labeled “Happy Drew”. When I saw it, after someone took it for me… I was like “Dang, I’m happy!” Of course it most likely didn’t hurt that a) it was the forth of July[ I like the forth] b) it was a beautiful day c) I was have having a beer at the Heineken Experience e) It was the first of 3 FREE beers you get with entry into the Heiny Experience[ although I only drank two] and f) I had a gleam in my eye because I planned to do the “other” freedom loving things in Amsterdam that day.
That’s right for July 4th. I got drunk. I did it with a hooker (who was wearing a red, white and blue bikini, although she wasn’t American) and I “ate the brownie”…. Which is to say… “and then I got high…”. And then I listened to 1776 while high. You see I had a check list of things to do July 4th, and I stuck to my list: drinking- while legal in the states, still an AMERICAN thing to do on the 4th; Banging a woman- check, her being in a flag bikini- bonus points; Scoring some LEGAL pot, check; and because I’m me, I had to LISTEN to 1776 as I couldn’t watch it. God, I love that play.
God my time in Amsterdam was great. And it wasn’t just the whoring and pot; though those did help. I realized that on July 5th. I was on the roof of the NEMO- an Amsterdam children’s science museum… but because it’s in A’dam, well things were a lot cooler there. On the roof there was a wading pool (pic below), several sandboxes, a large chess set and BEER! Yes on top of a children’s museum they served Heineken.

Faboo. Heck I was “forced” to have a beer up there as there was a ‘one drink minimum’. See I paid to get on the roof, and in return for payment I got one drink… which in my mind meant a Heiny. While I was on the roof I got a pleasant buzz on and realized how darn happy I was. I was content just to drink my beer on the roof of the Nemo and watch time go by. I read a bit up there and just chilled. I think in the end THAT was what my trip to A’dam was all about- ME time. Time for me to chill and be happy and not worry about work, bills, my apartment or anything…. Just BE.
So I had a great time. I might blog more about my time in A’dam( not sure as I’ve covered many of the highlights), and I survived the wedding of my younger brother… and might blog more about my family’s disfuntionality during it…. But wanted to get these pics up and tell you I was back.
And speaking of pics- have to finish up with the Groom’s side pic.

It goes from left to right- Older Brother Jon, Younger Bro’s Mom aka My dad’s second wife, Groom- aka Pete, His wife- Breda, My Dad aka the Best Man( hence him and bro wearing the same outfit) and ME.


3 Comments:
At 7/09/2006 06:50:00 PM,
Angie said…
Oh, Drew, you wild man you! Congrats! And why couldn't I have gotten lucky with a chick in a red, white and blue bikini on the 4th?? Ah well, there's always next year! LOL.
Glad you had a super-fantastic time and welcome back!
Aimee
At 7/10/2006 03:13:00 PM,
Unknown said…
I had to settle for Denise's "x-menesque" bathing suit to ogle, myself.
Am glad you had a fantabulous time, buddy. You did all I'd hoped you would and more.
I dig happy Drew
At 7/12/2006 09:52:00 AM,
Drew said…
;-)
Sorry Aimee didn't know that you swung THAT way.
;-)
I guess you could've worn a red, white and blue bikini NEXT year and thus be assured to have fun with a girl in a r,w,&b bikini on the forth
;-)
Evan- any chance that you have pics of Denise in said 'x-manesque" outfit, just so I can get a mental image of what you speak of...
*eyebrow wiggle*
And I dug Happy Drew too. Trying to keep the good vibes flowing even though I'm 'back to reality'.
Of course NEXT year I have to go to Ca.( as promised) *wink*
Post a Comment
<< Home