Messages in Bottles

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Plastic Crack

I was going to go on a long blog about the history of my love for my plastic crack aka Heroclix and Mage Knight. But I’ve decided to cut to the chase.
I ‘sold’ my Mage Knight collection to the game store for a paltry $20- which is about what it cost me for ONE unique when Mage Knight was hot. Mage Knight died due to Wizkids being a bad company.

And that really is the reason I’m trying to kick the plastic crack habit. Yes I like the sculpts of the Heroclix figures- but considering I don’t like the tournament scene and I don’t know anyone I like nearby who plays Heroclix… the amount I’m paying for my plastic crack is more then my enjoyment.

The straw that broke my back- was I tried buying a figure online and I couldn’t. I contacted them to tell them that my card didn’t work on their site and asked them to accept a money order- rather then work with me they told me
“When you receive this message it means your bank is declining the charge. We have our system set to a higher level of security then most other sites to help prevent fraudulent charges. Please make sure that the information on your billing statement is typed in EXACTLY as it appears including any possible prefix (Mr. Mrs. Ms). At this time we are not able to accept any other form of payment. Thank you,”


These “other sites” which I mentioned in my letter to them… Amazon and Thinkgeek. You’d think a site which caters to geeks would be worried about hackers… and Amazon is A LOT bigger then Wizkids.

They weren’t willing to work with me to take my money. This was what I thought was AWFUL customer support- esp as this message took me two tries and over a week to get.
When I posted this on HCrealms, most people took their dealer’s… I mean Wizkid’s side… telling me to try another card, or try contacting Wizkids again. I work retail, I understand customer support, open ended conversations “please let me know if this works out…” or some such…
And the last comment on my thread- mentioned that at least I had HEARD from Wizkids.

So if Wizkids doesn’t want to take my money, I’m not gonna give it to them. Right now I’m just trying to finish up the uniques of the DC sets I do have( and am being reminded that I also don’t much like many of the people on HCRealms as I try to do this)… and then no more.

Of course I say that before seeing pictures of the NEXT DC set.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home