Messages in Bottles

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Sanity

“Doing the same thing and expecting something different is the definition of insanity."

That has been going through my mind as I wrestle with Gravity V. my comic books. You see BEFORE I went looking for Sandman… to figure out if it indeed was THE comic to make everyone read; I had a big ‘block’ of comic book boxes in my living room. The block of comics never did anything, they just existed in my living room… waiting to deliver potential happiness to me.
Sadly this has not been the case SINCE. Even though I think I’ve put the boxes back right… two of the four ‘pillars’ (each about 5 boxes tall) have been tipsy…. And in fact have fallen three times, once while I wasn’t here- which means that if someone’s not there to see it- Gravity still works.

Now the above quote is because after each time, I’ve just put the pillars back. Never mind that they just fell over… for some reason they were able to stay up for months/ years without falling over.

So where is the insanity? Expecting the comic book boxes NOT to fall over, as they stayed put for ages… or expecting them to fall over, as they did yesterday and a few days ago….????

2 Comments:

  • At 9/08/2006 04:07:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Maybe Superboy Prime disrupted their reality.

    I know that my stacks of boxes sometimes don't restack so well if I don't pay the right attention because some of them are just barely different proportions from the others

     
  • At 9/08/2006 10:40:00 PM, Blogger Drew said…

    That could indeed be it... as I've tried to move a couple of boxes from the bottom to the top...

    I started on tuesday, but didn't finish because I suck, on cleaning so that I can start ANOTHER pile of comics... of course what I really need to do is get rid of the comics in my closet.
    but that's another story....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home