EBGames Sucks!
This is a rant to let people know that EBGames sucks. Perhaps they suck more that they were taken over by Gamestop but they did a very good job yesterday of making me lose it.
I pre-ordered Sims Pets from EBGames because they had an “exclusive” unlockable of a bandit cat- that I instantly wanted. I love cats. I’ve been drooling over this expansion to Sims 2 like no other expansion- more even then the Pets expansion for Sims 1.
Even on my vacation to Ca., every so often the idea of the “countdown” to Pets was in the back of my mind.
So I planned most of my week around Pets- getting my game ready( won’t bore you with how I did that) and reading on forums what’s going on and what info has been leaked. I was off Tuesday, so I popped by EBGames as Pets was SUPPOSE to be out Tuesday but I had heard that Tuesday was actually the “ship” date and that it would be “released” on Wednesday. EBGames confirmed this, so I then called them yesterday morning to find out around what time they got their shipment- as I didn’t want to bother them. I was told that they’d have their shipment by 3PM and planned my day accordingly.
I got there at as close to 3PM as I could. They had Sims Pets for me, and Justice League Heroes, HOWEVER this is where it goes south. When I ask them for the code, the guy ringing me up tells me that they’re out of it.
I’m like WHAT???!!!??? I retorted that it wasn’t even 4PM, how could they be out of the code already?
He responds that they got the code weeks ago and had been giving it out to people.
This made my blood boil. I told him that I had been giving them money for like two months and visiting the store and at NO POINT did anyone give me a code. I also want to mention at this point that a friend’s spouse works there; a person who I told him ages ago that he’d better make sure I got the code, and he seems surprised himself that EBGames got the code… The guy ringing me up reconfirms that they got the code awhile ago and have been giving it out.
I told the guy ringing me up I didn’t want Pets any more. He asked for my credit card. I told him that I paid CASH and I wanted cash back… OH and did they have the poster for Heroes or did they give that out as well? They had the poster… so I kept Heroes… though I’m sad to say that the poster didn’t make it home. Basically I was sooo angry and there was a fence on my way back home- so poster met fence and that was that.
I have ordered Pets from EA with my $15 coupon- with shipping I saved about $10; though I’m now going to have wait another week or so for Pets- during which time I can’t really play Sims. The story ends a bit better then I feared as a) wiki has a list of most/all of the unlockable items in Pets- and b) another Sims website put the code that I SHOULD’VE gotten from EBGames. So yeah, game taking like 5 days more to get to me… but I will have the bandit cat (the EBGames pre order) in my game. And I’m looking more forward to a star furred cat- as that’s one of the fur patterns I got on Wiki.
I pre-ordered Sims Pets from EBGames because they had an “exclusive” unlockable of a bandit cat- that I instantly wanted. I love cats. I’ve been drooling over this expansion to Sims 2 like no other expansion- more even then the Pets expansion for Sims 1.
Even on my vacation to Ca., every so often the idea of the “countdown” to Pets was in the back of my mind.
So I planned most of my week around Pets- getting my game ready( won’t bore you with how I did that) and reading on forums what’s going on and what info has been leaked. I was off Tuesday, so I popped by EBGames as Pets was SUPPOSE to be out Tuesday but I had heard that Tuesday was actually the “ship” date and that it would be “released” on Wednesday. EBGames confirmed this, so I then called them yesterday morning to find out around what time they got their shipment- as I didn’t want to bother them. I was told that they’d have their shipment by 3PM and planned my day accordingly.
I got there at as close to 3PM as I could. They had Sims Pets for me, and Justice League Heroes, HOWEVER this is where it goes south. When I ask them for the code, the guy ringing me up tells me that they’re out of it.
I’m like WHAT???!!!??? I retorted that it wasn’t even 4PM, how could they be out of the code already?
He responds that they got the code weeks ago and had been giving it out to people.
This made my blood boil. I told him that I had been giving them money for like two months and visiting the store and at NO POINT did anyone give me a code. I also want to mention at this point that a friend’s spouse works there; a person who I told him ages ago that he’d better make sure I got the code, and he seems surprised himself that EBGames got the code… The guy ringing me up reconfirms that they got the code awhile ago and have been giving it out.
I told the guy ringing me up I didn’t want Pets any more. He asked for my credit card. I told him that I paid CASH and I wanted cash back… OH and did they have the poster for Heroes or did they give that out as well? They had the poster… so I kept Heroes… though I’m sad to say that the poster didn’t make it home. Basically I was sooo angry and there was a fence on my way back home- so poster met fence and that was that.
I have ordered Pets from EA with my $15 coupon- with shipping I saved about $10; though I’m now going to have wait another week or so for Pets- during which time I can’t really play Sims. The story ends a bit better then I feared as a) wiki has a list of most/all of the unlockable items in Pets- and b) another Sims website put the code that I SHOULD’VE gotten from EBGames. So yeah, game taking like 5 days more to get to me… but I will have the bandit cat (the EBGames pre order) in my game. And I’m looking more forward to a star furred cat- as that’s one of the fur patterns I got on Wiki.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home