Messages in Bottles

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Population Control

I started this last night right before I went to bed to try and get it out of my system… I had a crappy night’s sleep and kinda sorta went over it again; so please forgive me in advance if some of the language is unwieldy or incoherent. I do know for the most part passed word’s grammar check so that should count for something( and the two places it didn’t I think I’m more right then word)

Back when I started Messages in Bottles, one of my first posts was about an ex coworker of mine. The incident was ages ago when I first blogged about it, and around a decade ago as I bring it up now. Both times it’s mentioned because it has stayed with me.
This co-worker of mine was catholic- the Catholics do NOT believe in birth control. This co-worker of mine went on to suggest that genocide is good for population control. He didn’t say that last part to me per say though he did say it to another co worker, however he did point out TO ME, knowing that I was Jewish, that we currently have an over population problem and how much worse would it be if not for the millions who died in WW II.

Well déjà vu all over again. While at work today, a 19 year old nothing, who I had formally liked and was going to try and give business outside of work as she seems to be a good artist, mentioned she was PRO war. I was like Huh? She then went on to point out that there were wayyy too many people on this world so she was for anything that got rid of them.
I raised my voice and pointed out that 6 million Jews, and a total of about 10 million people died under the Nazis. War is not the answer for overpopulation. Too many f’ing people die in wars who shouldn’t.

She later ‘apologized’ to me by saying ‘ala W.’ that she was sorry if something she said upset me… Like she wasn’t sorry for calling for the random deaths, just sorry that I was upset by this… I pointed out that while I agreed with her that was too many people on the Earth; to me the answer lies in getting off this planet before Earth decides to have nothing to do with us. She pointed out that she was Pro Earth…. That she didn’t want humans to save any animals that we didn’t endanger- to which I countered out that we endanger all by taking their lands and that life on this planet will survive with or without the human race.

I’m glad I didn’t think until I was on my commute home of pointing out that I was glad that she smoked… because hey could also solve the population problem… or asking her if she had her tubes tied/ yanked out so she wouldn’t have any kids of her own.

Again to be frank- I wish people dead. I’ve wished scores of people dead…. But I have never wished for RANDOM people to be dead… and I don’t think I will. I mean right now there are over 1 billion Chinese and over a billion Indians… I do NOT wish the two countries got into a ground war as that would be one of the easiest ways to stabilize the population.
I know that the people who suffer in war, are the common man.
I know that millions of Russians were killed both by the Nazis and by Stalin, in Stalin’s purges and slave labor. I do NOT think these peoples deaths mean that George Bush Sr. and Barbara could have 5 kids instead of 2.
And I wonder if because perhaps she’s a woman- and thus doesn’t have to worry about ANY draft, that she hasn’t given any thought to the poor kids that W. is sending to war to kill or be killed.
That’s not to say that some of the Iraqis or American Soldiers don’t deserve death. I think Lyndie Englund deserves a bad death and doesn’t deserve to become a mother (certainly NOT with someone else involved in the senseless brutal tortures that they did), I’m just not condemning ALL of them to die… and I certainly don’t want them taking out all of the poor Iraqis who weren’t rich or lucky enough to get to the ‘green zone’.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home