Cancelations...
I can’t been blogging recently because when I’m at the computer I get sucked into facebook. And if I’m not doing facebook- I’m using my computer for job search stuff. But I want to get back into the habit of blogging… so here it is.
This has not been a good week for me. While I’ve had one or two job leads- I started this week with problems sleeping again. This threw me off for a couple of days as on Tuesday, I was just tired all day- and made a point of going to the gym to make sure I was GOOD and tired. I ran for an hour… and while I slept ok… I still felt a bit ‘hung’ over Wednesday, though I did make a point of going to a store nearby that recently moved and is hiring.
I also used some of what I consider my ‘nervous energy’ to clean. I got pleased with myself for scrubbing my bathroom. I also cleaned door molding (? the frame ARROUND the door?)
I should’ve gone back to the store today, but I ended up enjoying the day- trying to get Superheroes to work on Facebook, and getting myself ‘ready’ for therapy. I like to go over my week before I talk to my therapist and have ‘key points’ to go over. I felt I really needed to see my therapist as I hadn’t seen him LAST week- and was unhappy that I was having problems sleeping AGAIN.
So I was peeved that he canceled on me. This is not the first time he’s canceled on me. Granted we’ve penciled in Saturday… but it irks me that I had planned to see him and then he got sick.
I know I can’t blame him for getting sick- but I do think I can be peeved because he cancels on a semi regular basis. I’ve told him that I’ve had to stop telling my mom when I’m seeing him. I don’t think I should tell my mom anyway about my therapy- but she gets even more annoyed then I do when he cancels.
I don’t want to get a new therapist because I like the one I have- and I know I got ‘lucky’ drawing a therapist who I, and my mom, think is good for me… I just think it would be BETTER if I had a more regular schedule
Like I missed him last week, because he rescheduled from Wednesday afternoon to Friday noon… However since I was used to meeting him at a certain TIME (different days but usually the same hour)… I forgot and thus didn’t see him. Last week on the phone I tried to be a good ‘trooper’ and told him I’d just wait to see him today… but today I sort of let it be known that I’d like to see him. So I told him to call me tomorrow and let me know FIRMLY if he’ll be good for Saturday… esp. as he only called me like 2 hours before our session to cancel it.
I spoke to my mom before I started writing this. She spoke to a family member who knows a guy who works in a library- so she gave me his name as a contact. I called her to thank her for the number and to try and reassure her that I was ok. She called this morning while I was at the gym… I went early to burn off energy and to DO SOMETHING. My mom sounded concerned that I wasn’t home. Which to me is a no win situation- if I was home, she’d complain that I was in the apartment on a wonderful day- and since I wasn’t here she was disappointed that she didn’t get to speak to me.
She gave me the impetus to blog this as she complained that I didn’t sound well… and I went to my default which was to assure her that I was ok. I don’t want to burden my mom with my problems OR make her worry about me. I feel bad when I make her worry about me. So I let her know I had simply hit the weights a bit too hard this morning, which was pretty true… And she seemed to accept that.
Ok. I’m tired. I know this makes enough sense because word isn’t busting my chops on grammar or spelling too much, but if you have any questions- let me know. I feel semi coherent right now but felt I needed to post SOMETHING HERE before I check facebook to see if Superheroes is working… and if it isn’t to send ice cream, plants, and pies at friends… and lose various word games.
;-)
This has not been a good week for me. While I’ve had one or two job leads- I started this week with problems sleeping again. This threw me off for a couple of days as on Tuesday, I was just tired all day- and made a point of going to the gym to make sure I was GOOD and tired. I ran for an hour… and while I slept ok… I still felt a bit ‘hung’ over Wednesday, though I did make a point of going to a store nearby that recently moved and is hiring.
I also used some of what I consider my ‘nervous energy’ to clean. I got pleased with myself for scrubbing my bathroom. I also cleaned door molding (? the frame ARROUND the door?)
I should’ve gone back to the store today, but I ended up enjoying the day- trying to get Superheroes to work on Facebook, and getting myself ‘ready’ for therapy. I like to go over my week before I talk to my therapist and have ‘key points’ to go over. I felt I really needed to see my therapist as I hadn’t seen him LAST week- and was unhappy that I was having problems sleeping AGAIN.
So I was peeved that he canceled on me. This is not the first time he’s canceled on me. Granted we’ve penciled in Saturday… but it irks me that I had planned to see him and then he got sick.
I know I can’t blame him for getting sick- but I do think I can be peeved because he cancels on a semi regular basis. I’ve told him that I’ve had to stop telling my mom when I’m seeing him. I don’t think I should tell my mom anyway about my therapy- but she gets even more annoyed then I do when he cancels.
I don’t want to get a new therapist because I like the one I have- and I know I got ‘lucky’ drawing a therapist who I, and my mom, think is good for me… I just think it would be BETTER if I had a more regular schedule
Like I missed him last week, because he rescheduled from Wednesday afternoon to Friday noon… However since I was used to meeting him at a certain TIME (different days but usually the same hour)… I forgot and thus didn’t see him. Last week on the phone I tried to be a good ‘trooper’ and told him I’d just wait to see him today… but today I sort of let it be known that I’d like to see him. So I told him to call me tomorrow and let me know FIRMLY if he’ll be good for Saturday… esp. as he only called me like 2 hours before our session to cancel it.
I spoke to my mom before I started writing this. She spoke to a family member who knows a guy who works in a library- so she gave me his name as a contact. I called her to thank her for the number and to try and reassure her that I was ok. She called this morning while I was at the gym… I went early to burn off energy and to DO SOMETHING. My mom sounded concerned that I wasn’t home. Which to me is a no win situation- if I was home, she’d complain that I was in the apartment on a wonderful day- and since I wasn’t here she was disappointed that she didn’t get to speak to me.
She gave me the impetus to blog this as she complained that I didn’t sound well… and I went to my default which was to assure her that I was ok. I don’t want to burden my mom with my problems OR make her worry about me. I feel bad when I make her worry about me. So I let her know I had simply hit the weights a bit too hard this morning, which was pretty true… And she seemed to accept that.
Ok. I’m tired. I know this makes enough sense because word isn’t busting my chops on grammar or spelling too much, but if you have any questions- let me know. I feel semi coherent right now but felt I needed to post SOMETHING HERE before I check facebook to see if Superheroes is working… and if it isn’t to send ice cream, plants, and pies at friends… and lose various word games.
;-)
Labels: Facebook


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home