No Money from Dad
So as usual, I was biting my nails waiting for my dad’s response to my letter. I told him that I wasn’t going to accept his money with strings attached and I really feared that I’d get a phone call from my mom telling me that’s she talked to my dad and a) I should just take his damn money and b) she ‘can’t deal with me by herself’.
When I finally got my dad’s response it had this gem in it:
All the money I get has conditions attached to it and I don't think about it as jumping through hoops, I think of it as working for what I receive.
And I have to say, the first thing I thought of was: when he gives his wife $100 for shoes- what WORK has she done for that money/ what were the conditions attached to that money?
Obviously I don’t think I can tell him that thought without getting in trouble.
I’m trying to decide if this is insight into how my dad thinks- or just B.S.
Does he really think that EVERYBODY has to work for what they receive?
When I finally got my dad’s response it had this gem in it:
All the money I get has conditions attached to it and I don't think about it as jumping through hoops, I think of it as working for what I receive.
And I have to say, the first thing I thought of was: when he gives his wife $100 for shoes- what WORK has she done for that money/ what were the conditions attached to that money?
Obviously I don’t think I can tell him that thought without getting in trouble.
I’m trying to decide if this is insight into how my dad thinks- or just B.S.
Does he really think that EVERYBODY has to work for what they receive?
Labels: Dad


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home