Never buying another DC comic
I love me the flash. Love him. Be he- Jay, Barry or Wally. I love Flash. (No, Bart doesn't count though I did love him as Impulse). I've loved him since the Murder of Iris storyline- granted as fell in love with Barry, I realized that I liked Barry more with Iris then without; so as I bought ‘current’ issues of Flash- I realized that Barry’s best days were behind him. My disappointment with the Barry run of Flash peaked somewhere during the Trial of Barry Allen. It’s not to say that I don’t think a superhero being put on trial for killing his arch nemesis isn’t an interesting idea- HOWEVER it runs into problems when you let the story go for two years- including 1 issue that was just a reprint of Barry and Iris’ marriage….
So when they cancelled Barry’s comic… I was like ok… the writer doesn’t know what to do with Barry, they’re done… Roll Credits.
Then DC killed Barry in Crisis.
It was a GREAT NOBLE death. The kind of death rarely seen in comics because it was COOL… and you sort of knew that Barry wasn’t coming back.
{ this is different then the death of Kara, which was a) totally pointless b) very annoying and c) she came back just a few years later- after fandom was told she WAS DEAD, and that Superman was going to be the LAST ONLY Kryptonian.
A few years later( should know this) Waid ‘brought back’ Barry- but then flipped it and we found out that it was actually Reverse Flash being the ULTIMATE fanboy that he was. I loved Waid for yanking our chains, and NOT giving Barry back to fans.
So I read this story today online- after 20 odds years of staying dead… Morrison plans to bring Barry back.
Feh!
To me this is WORSE then DC bringing back Jason Todd. I’ve heard bitching about the Todd resurrection since it happened- about the $$$ friends paid the 1-900 number to KILL Jason because he was an annoying character.
Well Barry was a much loved character. He still is one of my favorite characters AND that’s 23 years after the last STARRING story he had.
But for them to bring him back- to me that pisses on his noble sacrifice and tells me that DC will constantly yank our chains about DEATH. That someone will die in the comic to SELL comics and will be brought back to SELL MORE comics (see death of superman as prime example.)
Not gonna give DC another one of my hard earned dimes. EVER AGAIN!
So when they cancelled Barry’s comic… I was like ok… the writer doesn’t know what to do with Barry, they’re done… Roll Credits.
Then DC killed Barry in Crisis.
It was a GREAT NOBLE death. The kind of death rarely seen in comics because it was COOL… and you sort of knew that Barry wasn’t coming back.
{ this is different then the death of Kara, which was a) totally pointless b) very annoying and c) she came back just a few years later- after fandom was told she WAS DEAD, and that Superman was going to be the LAST ONLY Kryptonian.
A few years later( should know this) Waid ‘brought back’ Barry- but then flipped it and we found out that it was actually Reverse Flash being the ULTIMATE fanboy that he was. I loved Waid for yanking our chains, and NOT giving Barry back to fans.
So I read this story today online- after 20 odds years of staying dead… Morrison plans to bring Barry back.
Feh!
To me this is WORSE then DC bringing back Jason Todd. I’ve heard bitching about the Todd resurrection since it happened- about the $$$ friends paid the 1-900 number to KILL Jason because he was an annoying character.
Well Barry was a much loved character. He still is one of my favorite characters AND that’s 23 years after the last STARRING story he had.
But for them to bring him back- to me that pisses on his noble sacrifice and tells me that DC will constantly yank our chains about DEATH. That someone will die in the comic to SELL comics and will be brought back to SELL MORE comics (see death of superman as prime example.)
Not gonna give DC another one of my hard earned dimes. EVER AGAIN!
Labels: Flash


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home