Flame Wars
Ouch. I think I'm in the middle of a possible flame war- even though I should be doing other things... like cleaning up. ;-)
Basically I went on Modthesims2.com to check out if there was any NEW news about Sims University. I found a new thread "support our troops! say thank you!" and I wanted to read it because as I've said here the way I support our troops is wanting them to come home out of harm's way.
The thread said that it supported ALL troops internationally, this was of course tested when someone said that they were Iraqi and supported the insurgents. People then argued about whether this person REALLY is an Iraqi( not the point in my book) and how tasteless his comment is. So I leapt to his defense by pointing out that as a Jew- I feel that the Germans should NOT have supported the Nazis in WWII.
One person pointed out AFTER my post "But when our troops are dyeing for no cause of there own you have to support them even if you don't support this stupid war."
I repeated that the Germans who did NOT stop the Nazis are just as responsible for the millions of Jews, gays, gypsies, Russians etc. as the camp commanders then because they did NOT step up and say NO!
He then commented AGAIN that it doesn't matter if your country is evil...
And I had to produce a link because someone is STILL suggesting that wmds exist.
Even after the link the person said
I, of course, don't believe that he even checked the link I provided butI did not respond to his post( like pointing out how happy he must be because ignorance=bliss)
because I took a bit of time off and during it a moderator said he would shut the conversation down if WE were to talk any more about Iraq, that this thread was to honor EVERYONE who has served their country in ANY time.
My response to that was "shut it down then" I do not think that someone should be honored simply because they wear a uniform. Rapist, Murderers, Thieves and Scoundrels have all worn uniforms.
People kept SAYING that Support Our Troops! Say Thank You! wasn't about Iraq, but I contend if it wasn't, why was it there?
Update: I was the only person given a warning. I was given the warning AFTER I said "if you don't want to talk about Iraq- let's talk about WWII..." I was told I was given the warning because I "ignored directions". I have appealed. I don't think I'll get anywhere BUT don't think it's right as I was the only one given a warning.
Update 2: I talked to the administrator and he basically said the warning was valid because me first post was off topic...I was 'warned' that the topic was 'SUPPORTING the troops' ( emphisis mine) and I still went off topic( by stating that some troops at some time do not deserve our support)
Not happy but f'm
Basically I went on Modthesims2.com to check out if there was any NEW news about Sims University. I found a new thread "support our troops! say thank you!" and I wanted to read it because as I've said here the way I support our troops is wanting them to come home out of harm's way.
The thread said that it supported ALL troops internationally, this was of course tested when someone said that they were Iraqi and supported the insurgents. People then argued about whether this person REALLY is an Iraqi( not the point in my book) and how tasteless his comment is. So I leapt to his defense by pointing out that as a Jew- I feel that the Germans should NOT have supported the Nazis in WWII.
One person pointed out AFTER my post "But when our troops are dyeing for no cause of there own you have to support them even if you don't support this stupid war."
I repeated that the Germans who did NOT stop the Nazis are just as responsible for the millions of Jews, gays, gypsies, Russians etc. as the camp commanders then because they did NOT step up and say NO!
He then commented AGAIN that it doesn't matter if your country is evil...
And I had to produce a link because someone is STILL suggesting that wmds exist.
Even after the link the person said
Well first of all the Soldiers that are over there are to busy fighting insurgents to search For WMD's and the chemical's used and needed to create some of The WMD's don't have to be large, it could be smal laboratory Viles that hold the necessary chemical's needed to make WMD's, not barrel's!.
It's going to be a matter of time before on of these terrorist group's in the middle East get's there hand's on the stuff needed to create a dirty bomb!, you wanna sit back in live your life behind your leave it to beaver blind fold, that's fine with me go ahead!.
Enough said ignorance is bliss, and I'm not going to set here and argue over this all day!.
I, of course, don't believe that he even checked the link I provided butI did not respond to his post( like pointing out how happy he must be because ignorance=bliss)
because I took a bit of time off and during it a moderator said he would shut the conversation down if WE were to talk any more about Iraq, that this thread was to honor EVERYONE who has served their country in ANY time.
My response to that was "shut it down then" I do not think that someone should be honored simply because they wear a uniform. Rapist, Murderers, Thieves and Scoundrels have all worn uniforms.
People kept SAYING that Support Our Troops! Say Thank You! wasn't about Iraq, but I contend if it wasn't, why was it there?
Update: I was the only person given a warning. I was given the warning AFTER I said "if you don't want to talk about Iraq- let's talk about WWII..." I was told I was given the warning because I "ignored directions". I have appealed. I don't think I'll get anywhere BUT don't think it's right as I was the only one given a warning.
Update 2: I talked to the administrator and he basically said the warning was valid because me first post was off topic...I was 'warned' that the topic was 'SUPPORTING the troops' ( emphisis mine) and I still went off topic( by stating that some troops at some time do not deserve our support)
Not happy but f'm


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home