My Sim Files and Families
About 3 weeks ago I realized that I had 1.7 gigs of downloads for Sims 2.0. Now I realized that I still had about 20 gigs on my hard drive but I still thought this was a little excessive... and that with an expansion coming out in March, I'd be having more downloads after buying the expansion. I also thought to myself about how LONG I spent downloading, considering I have a 56k modem.
Now I checked with people on Mod the Sims, a site I've been downloading objects from, to see if I could delete from WITHIN the game as I didn't know most of the 3,000 or so files in the download file DO.
Now many of the clothes that I downloaded- want to give my Sims cool threads came with different skin tones... much of which were 'unrealistic' i.e. many weren't atomically correct. And it's important to me that the fems have their proper 'naughty bits'. ;-)
I figured if I was able to get rid of a 100 megs I'd be in good shape. Also while MANY people on Mod the Sims had more files then I... It takes a while for the Sims 2 to start up, and I figured it couldn't hurt to get rid of stuff I wasn't using.
So I started with the skin tones, figuring I could then get rid of some object recolors later. After getting rid of all the pre fab Sims I didn't like( basically when you download Sims clothes they show up in a pre made form that you can dump straight into the game or further modify), I made sure I backed up everything( just in case) and then I started deleting using body shop all the skin tones I didn't like. When I was done I got it down to 1.5 gigs. And I first thought 'Aw man, that's only .2' Then I realized that that .2 is TWO HUNDRED MEGABYTES and I had passed my goal already.
I haven't downloaded clothes in the past two weeks or more( til I just saw Mary Marel's outfit re colors in Adam's Black and CMJ Blue) but I intend to watch what comes with the outfits I want.
--------------------------
One of the reasons I'm very happy about the Mary re colors is that Mary is preggers. When I got a clothes designer on EA's official site to do a child version of Mary and CMJ... I knew I had to start having Marvel kids. So I had Adam knock boots with Katma and knock her up. Then I decided I REALLY wanted many Marvels... and Adam was as evil as a sim could be... so I had him knock up Mary as well. Mary just started showing. I haven't played Katma enough to have her show.
Actually it was quite funny. Mary was cooking and she had to stop cooking, turn around to change outfits and *bam* she looked like she was preggers. I just loved the fact that she had to STOP cooking and change into the preggers outfit.
Another animation that I fell in love with, There's an object in the game that is to help with the Sims get charisma. In the normal game the object looks like a speaker's podium... but someone changed it totally so it looked like a pagan alter. I recently made a family with a child storm( because the guy's child Storm looked SOO cute). She became very enamored with the alter.... and wanted to 'desecrate' it. Yup the animation over her head said desecrate alter. Then at the alter she burped this noxious cloud... Took several pictures of that as I felt it looked like fire breathe.
Now that I've got red, blue and black child wear for female marvels... I'm hoping Mary will have twins. I've yet to have twins in the game and really would like two little Marvel girls.
Now I checked with people on Mod the Sims, a site I've been downloading objects from, to see if I could delete from WITHIN the game as I didn't know most of the 3,000 or so files in the download file DO.
Now many of the clothes that I downloaded- want to give my Sims cool threads came with different skin tones... much of which were 'unrealistic' i.e. many weren't atomically correct. And it's important to me that the fems have their proper 'naughty bits'. ;-)
I figured if I was able to get rid of a 100 megs I'd be in good shape. Also while MANY people on Mod the Sims had more files then I... It takes a while for the Sims 2 to start up, and I figured it couldn't hurt to get rid of stuff I wasn't using.
So I started with the skin tones, figuring I could then get rid of some object recolors later. After getting rid of all the pre fab Sims I didn't like( basically when you download Sims clothes they show up in a pre made form that you can dump straight into the game or further modify), I made sure I backed up everything( just in case) and then I started deleting using body shop all the skin tones I didn't like. When I was done I got it down to 1.5 gigs. And I first thought 'Aw man, that's only .2' Then I realized that that .2 is TWO HUNDRED MEGABYTES and I had passed my goal already.
I haven't downloaded clothes in the past two weeks or more( til I just saw Mary Marel's outfit re colors in Adam's Black and CMJ Blue) but I intend to watch what comes with the outfits I want.
--------------------------
One of the reasons I'm very happy about the Mary re colors is that Mary is preggers. When I got a clothes designer on EA's official site to do a child version of Mary and CMJ... I knew I had to start having Marvel kids. So I had Adam knock boots with Katma and knock her up. Then I decided I REALLY wanted many Marvels... and Adam was as evil as a sim could be... so I had him knock up Mary as well. Mary just started showing. I haven't played Katma enough to have her show.
Actually it was quite funny. Mary was cooking and she had to stop cooking, turn around to change outfits and *bam* she looked like she was preggers. I just loved the fact that she had to STOP cooking and change into the preggers outfit.
Another animation that I fell in love with, There's an object in the game that is to help with the Sims get charisma. In the normal game the object looks like a speaker's podium... but someone changed it totally so it looked like a pagan alter. I recently made a family with a child storm( because the guy's child Storm looked SOO cute). She became very enamored with the alter.... and wanted to 'desecrate' it. Yup the animation over her head said desecrate alter. Then at the alter she burped this noxious cloud... Took several pictures of that as I felt it looked like fire breathe.
Now that I've got red, blue and black child wear for female marvels... I'm hoping Mary will have twins. I've yet to have twins in the game and really would like two little Marvel girls.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home