Messages in Bottles

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

My Dad....

I’ve been seeing a lot of ads on TV recently about parents being ‘anti drugs’, that parents have the power to get their teenage kids to say no to drugs. This combined with the idea Evan had about turning Hulk Hogan in for child endangerment and made me wonder if for my dad’s ‘own good’ I should turn him in.

You see my dad does drugs.
He’s been doing drugs for as long as I’ve known him. My two brothers, I know, have also done drugs…. But my Dad was sort of my anti-drug. I didn’t want to follow in his footsteps about this, so even though I’ve had access to marijuana I never took it. Just like, I didn’t drink until college because my older brother was a teenage alcoholic.
Now granted somehow my father has stayed with the ‘gateway’ drug, never in 40 odd years moving onto the ‘harder’ stuff but still according to W. et al, my Dad is supporting terrorists.

So I was thinking- is there a good way to turn him in? I mean he’s a rich white guy so I don’t see him doing any actual time in the big house, but maybe it would act as a warning.
Also for the record, he did introduce me to his hardened criminal ‘friends’. Over several X-mases he brought my brothers and I to see Martha Stewart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home