Sims 2- the horror.
So after this weekend of SLOWLY putting things back on my computer... and hoping and crossing my fingers (because it's easier to cross them then star of david them) I started reinstalling Sims 2 yesterday. I had an early supper with a friend, followed by helping her with Champions of Norrath, so I didn't finish until today putting all of the special content that I've downloaded back onto my hard drive.
When I was finished, I went into the Sims 2 bodyshop to see what Sims I had and what I would need to re download. I figured that while I had backed my WHOLE computer back in March, I was pretty sure that I had backed up Sims 2 later then that.
Well there was a problem with body shop. And the news just got better and better. See many Sims hair was invisible. It wasn't a case where they were bald as then you'd see their head... the hair was gone. So it was like with computer animated people where when their mouths are open the inside of their mouth is skin colored as the animators haven't animated the inside of the character so you just see the other side of the character's skin through the mouth. So with these Sims, you'd see the back of their face and their neck from the back.
Ok, I thought that was bad. Especially, as if I made a clone of the non haired Sims, and try to give them hair- it was a NO go. So I deleted all of the downloads and reinstalled them in smaller bits so I'd know, while I was putting the stuff on the computer, if any of the files were 'bad'.
While slowly copying things I found out that the second cd- which I figured should have something like 600 megs (as it was 2 of 3) only had a 100 megs and change. This was bad.
When I went back into bodyshop, after reinstalling everything again, I still the same problem... so I decided to go into the Sims 2 game. I figured I wanted to look if it had indeed affected my in game Sims...
Now each family photo looked normal but that hid the horror. Harley and her demonic lover had NORMAL skin tones... there also was a problem with Harley's hair... which was generic. I didn't save the game... but went to bodyshop and tried to track down both Harley and her same sex partner's skin tones and they were NOT to be had.
This upsets me on sooo many levels. One of them being, I'm 90% sure that I got both Harley’s and her demonic wife’s skintones from a pay site... and I don't really have money to reup for the pay site at this time.
I just can't have a demonic kid if she doesn't have her deep red skin tone. So right now I have NO intention of playing Sims 2 and. I don’t plan to buy the NEXT expansion until I can figure out a way to get at least the skin tones right (though I also want Harley’s hair back as well).
When I was finished, I went into the Sims 2 bodyshop to see what Sims I had and what I would need to re download. I figured that while I had backed my WHOLE computer back in March, I was pretty sure that I had backed up Sims 2 later then that.
Well there was a problem with body shop. And the news just got better and better. See many Sims hair was invisible. It wasn't a case where they were bald as then you'd see their head... the hair was gone. So it was like with computer animated people where when their mouths are open the inside of their mouth is skin colored as the animators haven't animated the inside of the character so you just see the other side of the character's skin through the mouth. So with these Sims, you'd see the back of their face and their neck from the back.
Ok, I thought that was bad. Especially, as if I made a clone of the non haired Sims, and try to give them hair- it was a NO go. So I deleted all of the downloads and reinstalled them in smaller bits so I'd know, while I was putting the stuff on the computer, if any of the files were 'bad'.
While slowly copying things I found out that the second cd- which I figured should have something like 600 megs (as it was 2 of 3) only had a 100 megs and change. This was bad.
When I went back into bodyshop, after reinstalling everything again, I still the same problem... so I decided to go into the Sims 2 game. I figured I wanted to look if it had indeed affected my in game Sims...
Now each family photo looked normal but that hid the horror. Harley and her demonic lover had NORMAL skin tones... there also was a problem with Harley's hair... which was generic. I didn't save the game... but went to bodyshop and tried to track down both Harley and her same sex partner's skin tones and they were NOT to be had.
This upsets me on sooo many levels. One of them being, I'm 90% sure that I got both Harley’s and her demonic wife’s skintones from a pay site... and I don't really have money to reup for the pay site at this time.
I just can't have a demonic kid if she doesn't have her deep red skin tone. So right now I have NO intention of playing Sims 2 and. I don’t plan to buy the NEXT expansion until I can figure out a way to get at least the skin tones right (though I also want Harley’s hair back as well).


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home