Messages in Bottles

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

USPS... They did it again....

Yup, I was going out and sure enough I found a package for me on TOP of the mail boxes in the lobby. This gets my goat on several levels... The first being that I was home and didn't get buzzed. I checked the package and while it didn't have my apartment number on it... I am listed on the buzzer downstairs. The second being considering I spoke to several people at the post office about NOT getting my packages, I assumed it MIGHT trickle down to the postal worker. Not so.

I went to my local post office and asked to file an OFFICAL complaint. They tried to give me the number of the post office branch where the packages for my area come into. On the one hand I thought it was funny.,.. as apparently they have a bunch of these slips that look like they were just written but are clearly copied by the bushelful... However I didn't show my humour but instead my anger... I pointed out that I had called that number and they STILL were leaving packages in the lobby, so I wanted to fill out an offical form. I was mad as H, and didn't plan to take it.

So the person WROTE the usps web site on the slip of paper... which almost made me laugh. I found it funny because they had ALL these slips of paper with the local package office's number BUT none with the website's address. I further found it sad as I had to get real angry for them to give me the web address, instead of them just offering it up.
So I went to the website and filled out two forms- one was a claims 'form' as I wanted them to know I want them to pay me back for their worker NOT delivering the package to me. The other was a 'delivery issues" letter where I pointed out that the delivery person seemed to be leaving packages in the lobby of an apartment building for anyone to take.

I'm still pissed by this because not only am I currently still out of the money BUT what really gets my goat is I currently don't see the items as it was listed on ebay, ON EBAY, so even if I got the money back I wouldn't be able to get the items again( might in fact be forced to purchase them seperately which could wind up costing MORE).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home