Pluses and Minuses of the New Job.
Well, after last Monday’s meltdown, I found out that I had worked with the “bad manager”… and that she had made me stress because she was ‘picky’.
I’ve since learnt to ‘live with the job’. I don’t hate it as much as Staples but nor is it something that I wake up jazzed for.
Plus- I get more money.
Minus- I get paid bi weekly. And won’t get my first pay check until after THREE weeks of work
Plus- I get 8 hours of work, instead of the 6 hours from Staples.
Minus- I’m scheduled for an HOUR lunch.
Plus- I get a discount at the food court.
Minus- have too much time to kill after eating at the food court, but not enough time to go anywhere (job is like a 10 min. walk each way to a mall).
Plus- I like the fact that I have somewhat autonomy at the push cart( which I worked today).
Minus- the job was spent ‘killing’ time… Heck I made more money on Sunday at the game store then I did at the cart.
Other minus to cart- Can’t sit down.
All in all, I like the new job. I don’t LOVE it but it is a step above Staples- giving me better hours, slightly more money( when I get paid) and I currently like my co-workers. However I still plan to start looking for another job in January or February… as I don’t see myself at this store for more then a year…. But that’s what I thought about Staples and that was the job I held the longest.
I also want to mention it’s sort of hard to stand up for 8 hours a day and then force myself to go to the gym for a ½ hour and do cardio. But I do it because I think it’s important. Even if does mean that I’m eating around 7:30 instead an hour or so earlier due to coming home, getting my gym togs and refilling my water bottle, walking to the gym, changing at the gym, doing the ½ hour of cardio, changing back, walking back, pre-heating the oven and cooking dinner… instead of just coming home and cooking dinner
I’ve since learnt to ‘live with the job’. I don’t hate it as much as Staples but nor is it something that I wake up jazzed for.
Plus- I get more money.
Minus- I get paid bi weekly. And won’t get my first pay check until after THREE weeks of work
Plus- I get 8 hours of work, instead of the 6 hours from Staples.
Minus- I’m scheduled for an HOUR lunch.
Plus- I get a discount at the food court.
Minus- have too much time to kill after eating at the food court, but not enough time to go anywhere (job is like a 10 min. walk each way to a mall).
Plus- I like the fact that I have somewhat autonomy at the push cart( which I worked today).
Minus- the job was spent ‘killing’ time… Heck I made more money on Sunday at the game store then I did at the cart.
Other minus to cart- Can’t sit down.
All in all, I like the new job. I don’t LOVE it but it is a step above Staples- giving me better hours, slightly more money( when I get paid) and I currently like my co-workers. However I still plan to start looking for another job in January or February… as I don’t see myself at this store for more then a year…. But that’s what I thought about Staples and that was the job I held the longest.
I also want to mention it’s sort of hard to stand up for 8 hours a day and then force myself to go to the gym for a ½ hour and do cardio. But I do it because I think it’s important. Even if does mean that I’m eating around 7:30 instead an hour or so earlier due to coming home, getting my gym togs and refilling my water bottle, walking to the gym, changing at the gym, doing the ½ hour of cardio, changing back, walking back, pre-heating the oven and cooking dinner… instead of just coming home and cooking dinner


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home