Messages in Bottles

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Karma

After watching My Name is Earl... I've thought more about Karma abit more often.

Esp. as I like the idea of good things happening for good people and bad things happening to bad people. Sadly this doesn't happen often.

But I thought it did happen on Wednesday. About a week ago I found a NICE fossil watch in the gym. I turned it in, but I wondered IF I should. I mean I prefer novelty watches( like the Bizzaro Watch I have) but it was a nice shiny blue faced watch with metal bands( again not my preference as I prefer plastic/leather bands).

On wednesday, I decided that if no one ELSE had claimed it- then it was mine. See when I found it I wasn't sure if it was my reward for being good or a test to see if I was good. So I turned it in last week... but I figured after a week, if it wasn't claimed it was to be mine.

I tried NOT to actually say I lost it, merely was the watch in the lost and found? And I never actually said I lost it, but at the same time considering she asked three times about MY losing the watch- I do think I implied I lost it... so I lose the logic battle there... But I got the watch.
Then after going to the gym, I went to Burger King. See I wanted the Leia slave girl watch... They had one copy and they were willing to let me buy it without buying a meal( and thus having to eat the 1,000 calorie meal).
The icing on the cake was the job offer.

So I don't think I got bad Karma for pretending that I owed the watch- as I got the watch, a cheap second watch and A JOB.
Was I rewarded for the first act of turning the watch in? or was I NOT punished for then trying to keep the watch for myself?

I don't know but I figured I'd share.

2 Comments:

  • At 12/01/2005 11:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You have to work at Burger King now? You have obviously never worked there before. Trust me, you will find a whole new perspective of karma.

     
  • At 12/02/2005 08:45:00 AM, Blogger Drew said…

    No... I'm not working at Burger King... sorry if I made it sound that way....

    I had blogged a day or so ago that I got a job offer from a retail company, so when I said " The icing on the cake was the job offer." I meant to imply that AFTER going to burger king I got the job offer.

    And I've read Fast Food Nation so I think Staples might be better then BK and that's saying alot from me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home