Messages in Bottles

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Oblivious

Ok... about an hour or so I blogged about my father being oblivious to things- like how evil Wal-Mart is. I also think that both he and my older brother are oblivious to the feelings of others, and find it funny/ironic that they both notice each other's lack of listening skills but don't notice it in each other.

However I was just painfully reminded that I'm oblivious to reality. I have HORRORIBLE notice skills. Coupled with my bad memory and sometimes I'm downright clueless.

Reality smacked me upside the head today because for the MONTHS that I've been going to the gym at Northeastern- I wished they had a sauna room. The professional gym that I went to in grad school had one and I really loved after a workout just sitting down for like 5 min. and soaking up the heat.
I was washing my hands after going to the bathroom, part of my pre-exercise ritual, when I noticed a sign on the other side of the bathroom. The men's bathroom is H shaped, entrences on either side- tops of H, sinks in the bar of the H, on the left hand of the bottom of the H is the toliets and on the right is the showers. Because I live so close I don't use the showers( and don't really want to see naked guys), but I saw a sign on the right hand wall about "in case of sauna emergency..." And I was like "WHAT???" As the place was dead- i.e. no naked guys in showers, I investigated... and sure enough there's a sauna.

I was very happy. The signed asked me to shower before use... but I was like- they can't see me. So after a 34 min. run, I went into the sauna with my water bottle for 5 min.
And it felt GOOD.

Wish I had noticed it ealier, but glad I finally found it. See unlike my brother and father I do try every so often to improve my notice skills... and realize that they're crappy to begin with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home