Messages in Bottles

Monday, March 20, 2006

Going Down...

Well I'm now a troublemaker at work.

Or at least that's what my mom says.

God why do I talk to my parents.

I asked her advice for a potential interview on Friday, which she felt was 'beneath me'.

I told her that my current job is beneath me and I'm not long for it.

She got angry at me because she warned me about making waves. And yet I continue to make waves.

Basically work AGAIN wants to write me up for being sick. If I call in 4 times in a 90 day period they can fire me according to a memo they gave me today.
So I'm full time but if I USE my sick days they'll fire me.

I got worried and called HR. I told them I was going to fax them the memo...

And my mom is pissed at me. She told me she didn't want to deal with this because her husband is going in to surgery tomorrow. That I should just tow the line.
That I'm going to be labeled a trouble maker and gotten rid of.

Is this what MY world has come to? I scared of losing a crap retail job so I must toe their line of bullshit.

It's not a good sign for my sanity.

I just wanted help in trying to bail out of my job and I got a lecture on how my next job might be beneath me... but at the same time I shouldn't make waves at my current job which I know is beneath me.

On the one hand I shouldn't have said anything about the current job... but on the other hand her saying the new job is bad just set me off.

I want to go to NYC and have some time off... but fear that my mom will just turn everything into hell.

When does life get better? When do I get to enjoy myself without worrying about managing MY rights against my boss' feelings?

Then again maybe some of this is MY fault because I lied about Staples as felt I couldn't tell her and my dad that I quit and thus they think I got fired. A lie which I will take with me to my grave as I don't want to have THAT conversation with them EVER.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home