Passive Aggressive
I’m talking about passive aggressive behavior because that’s on my mind. Specifically for my annoying twit assistant manager, it seems that’s her s.o.p. You see I was talking to my manager today, as she had given me two bags to count into two registers upstairs. I was the only one working upstairs, so I didn’t understand why she had me count in both registers, as I would only need one. I brought this up to my manager when he came upstairs, as I thought she was being stupid… He told me that she was just being annoying as HE had to count both registers at the end of the evening.
I thought that perhaps it was a two-fer, as not only did he have to count them both at the end of the day- but I had to count them at the beginning… And I’m pretty sure she hates me.
In fact, her hating me backfired on her. See when she first got the chance to schedule me, she put on a five day week at 37 hours- shaving my hours so I couldn’t claim I was full time. It backfired because I complained to HR, and found out that I was ALREADY full time at 32 hours. Since then she has scheduled me for 40 hours for the past two weeks, even though I’ve written her a note and made sure she knew that I would prefer to keep my 32 hour week. I think she’s scheduled me for the 40 because she knows I don’t like it.
I also am pissed at my father’s current wife. I don’t think she’s passive aggressive, but I do think she’s ‘won’. Basically I don’t know if by being mean to her will jeopardize my dad paying for my trip to Amsterdam. I can’t bring it up without sounding like a heel, but also not sure how to proceed without sounding like a user- who just wants to talk to my dad just so I can find out if I get the money for the trip or not.
I know the above makes me sound like a heel… which I feel like, but a part of me feels that for all the emotional shit my dad has made me put up with, he could send me on a trip or two… esp. as he and his wife go on a few a year.
Lastly, my father’s wife sort of won, although she will never know because she called me on calling one of my co workers a young slacker and the ass’t manager who hates me the b word. She told me that they won’t be nice to me if I’m not nice to them- which is totally wrong but I made a try. The ass’t manager is still being a bitch (see above) but I’ve tried to be nice to the 17 year old and I think he appreciates it… as he recently told me that he thinks that the anal assistant manager dislikes him. I decided to give him some advice. I told him a hard earned fact of life- I told him that people sometimes just don’t like you- because. I told him it was important to figure out WHY people dislike you, but sometimes they just do.
I could’ve told him that she didn’t like him because she felt things should be done JUST so, and since this was his first job he wasn’t at the point in his life where he cared about his job as much as she wanted.
His response to my answer was true that. I think he was ready for ‘some people just aren’t happy…’ because that’s how I feel about the ass’t manager, even though I’m nice to her, she still had me count that second register. But I don’t think the ‘she doesn’t like slackers- which you are.’would work. I have accepted that he’s young and that’s ok.
Actually what’s not ok is I’m getting a bunch of hang ups on my voice mails. I hope that it’s telemarketers but a part of me wonders if it’s the crank caller trying to get me.
I thought that perhaps it was a two-fer, as not only did he have to count them both at the end of the day- but I had to count them at the beginning… And I’m pretty sure she hates me.
In fact, her hating me backfired on her. See when she first got the chance to schedule me, she put on a five day week at 37 hours- shaving my hours so I couldn’t claim I was full time. It backfired because I complained to HR, and found out that I was ALREADY full time at 32 hours. Since then she has scheduled me for 40 hours for the past two weeks, even though I’ve written her a note and made sure she knew that I would prefer to keep my 32 hour week. I think she’s scheduled me for the 40 because she knows I don’t like it.
I also am pissed at my father’s current wife. I don’t think she’s passive aggressive, but I do think she’s ‘won’. Basically I don’t know if by being mean to her will jeopardize my dad paying for my trip to Amsterdam. I can’t bring it up without sounding like a heel, but also not sure how to proceed without sounding like a user- who just wants to talk to my dad just so I can find out if I get the money for the trip or not.
I know the above makes me sound like a heel… which I feel like, but a part of me feels that for all the emotional shit my dad has made me put up with, he could send me on a trip or two… esp. as he and his wife go on a few a year.
Lastly, my father’s wife sort of won, although she will never know because she called me on calling one of my co workers a young slacker and the ass’t manager who hates me the b word. She told me that they won’t be nice to me if I’m not nice to them- which is totally wrong but I made a try. The ass’t manager is still being a bitch (see above) but I’ve tried to be nice to the 17 year old and I think he appreciates it… as he recently told me that he thinks that the anal assistant manager dislikes him. I decided to give him some advice. I told him a hard earned fact of life- I told him that people sometimes just don’t like you- because. I told him it was important to figure out WHY people dislike you, but sometimes they just do.
I could’ve told him that she didn’t like him because she felt things should be done JUST so, and since this was his first job he wasn’t at the point in his life where he cared about his job as much as she wanted.
His response to my answer was true that. I think he was ready for ‘some people just aren’t happy…’ because that’s how I feel about the ass’t manager, even though I’m nice to her, she still had me count that second register. But I don’t think the ‘she doesn’t like slackers- which you are.’would work. I have accepted that he’s young and that’s ok.
Actually what’s not ok is I’m getting a bunch of hang ups on my voice mails. I hope that it’s telemarketers but a part of me wonders if it’s the crank caller trying to get me.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home