State o' Me..
Well, physically I’m doing MIGHTY FINE.
I went to work yesterday and a gaggle (huddle?) of girls that I work with said a) they liked my new haircut (I got it cut short for possible interviews) and they noticed how much weight I lost. They asked me how much? I told them 44- which they thought was too much, and I said from START of diet, last September… that from START of job- when they met me, I’ve lost about 20 lbs( just checked and it’s 23 lbs.) and two pants sizes( gone from a 38 which I bought when I got the job to a 34 which I recently bought but feels a bit tight). I told them that I got this way through exercise and diet… Which got one gal laughing, as she pointed out she often saw me eating French Fries for lunch ( which I do). I countered with the fact that a) I have a cliff bar for breakfast, and a weight watchers for dinner- so sensible meals save lunch and b) I only drink water as soda is A LOT of empty calories.
This session really made my day as it felt good to be noticed.
Mentally- I’m sort of all over the place. Yesterday, besides the ego boost, was really a pretty boring at work and I’d really like to get another job- esp. as while I got a schedule for next week yesterday- I’m not sure it’s the ‘final’ draft. It really irks me that the person who does the schedule is a meanie who doesn’t do it in a timely fashion.
However the good news is that my father came through with my Amsterdam money, which I intend to deposit before I thank him… So I’m glad that he didn’t let me call his current wife annoying get in the way of my vaca.
That’s about it for now… want to hit the gym as I got a nice co-worker to promise to bring me some whole bellied fried clams for lunch( YUM!) and I have to keep my figure for the wedding and my trip to Amsterdam this summer.
I went to work yesterday and a gaggle (huddle?) of girls that I work with said a) they liked my new haircut (I got it cut short for possible interviews) and they noticed how much weight I lost. They asked me how much? I told them 44- which they thought was too much, and I said from START of diet, last September… that from START of job- when they met me, I’ve lost about 20 lbs( just checked and it’s 23 lbs.) and two pants sizes( gone from a 38 which I bought when I got the job to a 34 which I recently bought but feels a bit tight). I told them that I got this way through exercise and diet… Which got one gal laughing, as she pointed out she often saw me eating French Fries for lunch ( which I do). I countered with the fact that a) I have a cliff bar for breakfast, and a weight watchers for dinner- so sensible meals save lunch and b) I only drink water as soda is A LOT of empty calories.
This session really made my day as it felt good to be noticed.
Mentally- I’m sort of all over the place. Yesterday, besides the ego boost, was really a pretty boring at work and I’d really like to get another job- esp. as while I got a schedule for next week yesterday- I’m not sure it’s the ‘final’ draft. It really irks me that the person who does the schedule is a meanie who doesn’t do it in a timely fashion.
However the good news is that my father came through with my Amsterdam money, which I intend to deposit before I thank him… So I’m glad that he didn’t let me call his current wife annoying get in the way of my vaca.
That’s about it for now… want to hit the gym as I got a nice co-worker to promise to bring me some whole bellied fried clams for lunch( YUM!) and I have to keep my figure for the wedding and my trip to Amsterdam this summer.


2 Comments:
At 3/31/2006 11:18:00 AM,
Angie said…
Very cool on the weight loss, Drew!
I've kinda sorta backslid on mine, but I gave myself a good talking to a few back and things are getting back on track.
Aimee
At 4/01/2006 08:34:00 AM,
Drew said…
The *not* eating is pretty easy now... it's the exercising that sometimes gives me trouble.
There were a few weeks last month where I did like 4 or 5 days of exercise instead of 6 because I got lazy or I wanted to go out or I was just DANG tired.
Part of the exercise thing is I want to have 'free will' and not feel that I *must* go to the gym every day which sometimes means NOT hitting the gym every time I should.
But it all seems to work out in the end....
;-)
Post a Comment
<< Home