Messages in Bottles

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Few Days off....

Well, I’m taking some time off… but not in NYC. I had planned to see my nephew and spend some time in NYC. However after talking to my mom on Monday, I didn’t know if I was coming or going. I felt that she messed with my mind as much as my manager, by saying that working for a copy business was beneath me but at the same time telling me to kiss my manager’s ass and thank my stars that I was employed.
So after kvelling to one of my friends, he suggested that I NOT go to NYC. And while I wanted to go, I realized that he was right. There would be a chance that I would complain about management or otherwise put my foot in it.
So I spoke to my mom last night and told her I had an interview with the copy place on Monday. It took a bit of time for her to realize that I was canceling my trip. I felt guilty about it, which she might’ve picked up on, as she called me tonight and asked me what up? You see this is like one of the few times that I have actually canceled a trip on her. Often I’ve put off visiting her or made it a point to check my emails/phone messages while at her place.
I like going to New York. I like being with my sister, but again I don’t feel the love sometimes from my ‘rents.
I stuck to my guns tonight. She told me that she felt I sounded off. I told her that basically one of my problems is I’m trying to look for a new job and the assistant manager in charge of the schedule is NOT doing it in a timely fashion. This makes things difficult for me. I didn’t tell my mom that this is the same woman who hates me.
I just know I need to clear my mind and I can’t do that around her. With both my parents I often feel I have to choose my words wisely. Heck with my mom I have to be careful of my non words as she keeps complaining whenever I use an “um..” “…”ah..” or “you know…”

As for work- I lie not about the schedule- when she left tonight I had no idea when I was working next Wednesday.
The manager, after hearing that the ass’t manager who wants his job, liked someone she interviewed, snidely said that if she liked them… he shouldn’t hire them.
Also I told him that one of my other co-workers asked me if I talked to HR. I told him, what I told her, which was basically his lie. I didn’t want it to get out that I was exposing his mindfuck for fear of seeing what his plan B was. He asked me if she really was interested or if she was punking me? I was like what? And he pointed out that many of the crew likes punking others. I wanted to point out the irony of his complaining about these teenagers punking, when he punked them in the name of business.

So again I have a few days off, which I’m going to spend looking for a job and trying to mentally relax.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home