Messages in Bottles

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Meduim

Well I found something surprising on my visit to my mom. On the one hand it’s like good news but on the other hand she was annoying in nailing the point home (as she is want to do).
The majority of my shirts are large, as that’s what I’ve worn for the majority of my life. I will admit that before I started losing weight- at about 201, I was leaning towards buying extra larges. However on Monday, when I put on a short sleeve button up shirt to go suit shopping I started hearing it from my mom… and I heard it all day. First she complained that she didn’t like my shirt, and thus I should take it off, and then she complained that it was MUCH too baggy. I took it off but told her I only bought soo many shirts so if I didn’t wear the shirt on Monday, there was a good chance that I would wear it on Tuesday. Then when I put on a polo shirt, one that I was pretty sure I wore in front of her before, but she didn’t like it and complained that it was too big- for most of the day.
So yesterday at work, after we closed I asked a female co-worker (manager who I liked) about the shirt I wore. I told her that my mother felt I had shrunk out of my shirts due to my diet. I told her that as a guy, I just thought my shirts were now ‘baggy’ or ‘more roomy’ and didn’t think much of it, as unlike getting bigger my shirts still fit. I did however pick up my arms, tell her the shirt I was wearing was a large and ask her if she felt a large fit or if I should go down a size. She quite emphatically told me that I should get a smaller size, and then tempered it with a, where do you shop? Indicating that I should check the shirt out before I buy- which I thought was quite reasonable, esp. as my mom had suggested that I shop on line and I think it better if I start shopping in person- just in case.

Then there was the OTHER problem blush Up until now I wore my pants UNDER my belly, as I had a pretty big one. My mom wanted me to pull my pants up and wear them ‘normally’, which meant pulling my drawers up in the dressing room. We wasted about an hour until she realized the reason that the first suit (which we both liked) wasn’t fitting properly is because I wasn’t wearing the right underwear. About a month ago I bought a bunch of large drawers because I was at the tail end of the large, however I’m now a medium and the large material seems to be bunching up. So even though I just bought a bunch of large underwear (about a month ago when I was on the fence about pants size) I have to go to the mall in the next couple of days and re-buy underwear. The worst part is the stuff I’ve barely worn has to be thrown out or something as it’s not like I can give underwear to the Salvation Army.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home