Messages in Bottles

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

N.Y.C. Oddness

I was watching Keith Obermann last week and I had an odd reality check moment.

I blame this reality check on the fact that I lived in NYC. In my father's apartment building lived an old school celibrity couple and a well known( back in the days) painter.

I say this as I was watching Keith Olberman and the younger brother of a kid I went to grade school and high school( I was stupid enough to choose my high school so I ended up going there with the older brother)... made Keith Olbermann's WORST PERSON IN THE WORLD.

I just thought that was really odd that I KNOW someone who made Keith's list. Granted when he was a kid, he wasn't a right wing nut wing... Though one of the kids in my graduating class was a deep repug and that's why I didn't go to my 20th anniversery a few years ago.

I also want to mention that during the Clinton scandal my mom just sort of blew my mind with the interconnectness of life. See the woman who told Monica to 'tape' stuff( and this woman was played on SNL by John Goodman) was the mom of this SAME childhood friend.

{ oh and for full disclosure- the painter was Peter Max, and the 'power couple' was Stiller and Meara. Their son Ben Stiller was a friend of my older brother. And I just read Ben's bio- "...at age 10, began shooting films on his Super 8 camera." And added in my mind "with his friend Jon" as they would shoot films TOGETHER. Though for my older bro nothing really came of it}

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home