Messages in Bottles

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Assorted rumblings


First I want to mention how ODD I thought it was that it was hard for me to call in today. I went back and forth and back and forth. Really the reasons that I would have gone in was a) It's hardwired into me, by I think my Dad, to have a 'work ethic'. It's my JOB to show up and I so go in... The only time I was big on 'calling out' was my first full time job where I felt my manager screwed me royaly by promoting someone else. At the end of that job I called out wayyy too often. b) everyone else seems to like have called out at least once this week, including B's Ass't Manager( the one who gave herself like 14 perfect grades on her yearly review). Heck B's ass't called out about 20 min before she had to BE THERE.
And that's in the end what tipped it for me- if B's Ass't can get perfect grades and still i) call out twice in a month or so ii) be late on a regular basis and iii) leave early on a day she came in late (i-iii all this week, though she did only call out ONCE this week); then I can call out two saturdays in the course of about 2 months.
In fact that was end of the last reason that I was relunctant to call out- because it's a saturday- and I thought this would show 'a pattern' if I kept calling out on Saturdays... though to be truthful, as I'm like one of the ONLY Associates who'll work Saturday nights- It's much more likely that I'll find a bad pairing of a manager who I don't want to deal with and me ON THAT NIGHT.
The tipping point came when I cut my foot while walking barefoot arround my apartment... I cut it on on the plastic containers I use for displaying Heroclix sometimes... I just felt that I did want to be on THAT foot all day- esp. as it's on the heel.

Next, I want to mention that OMGWTF, how stupid the Boston police are... I actually feel LESS safe these days due to their stupidity. I mean after EVERYONE made fun of the BPD because of their over-reacting to LITE BRITES, they then worry about another 'suspicious device' that turns out to be a traffic counter.

Next- another WTF moment. Cheney *very nearly* gets bombed this week( a suicide bomber blows up about a mile away from 5 deferments Cheney). Several people post to HuffPO anonymously that they are sad that the bomber didn't get Nanny Cheney, and the right go batshit insane about how ANGRY they are and how the left wing moonbats are just filled with hate, that the left would 'call' for the death of someone. This is, of course, after hearing for AGES Coultergist calling for the deaths of several liberals... because the Right is all about it's ok if THEY do it, but it's not ok for the Left to even THINK about it.
Likewise, Coultergist called Edwards the F word and NOBODY from the right has asked her to apologize... or heard about this in the mainstream media come to think of it...
( oh and note to Evan : want to mention that Mitty has gotten Coutlergist's support. )

Legion... It's growing on me. It's not as cracky as JLU( or Supergirl and the Legion would've been had they spun it off from JLU) but I liked it last week, with usual minor problems of 'how come [ fill in name of Legion member] isn't there" Last week's would have been White Witch and Mordru. I really felt Mordru should've appeared. Likewise not sure where the kid's helmut came from but it looked DARN familar.
This week's episode... well yeah I would've sorta liked if Ayla had appeared( LL's sister in case I got her name wrong) but other then that it was a STELLER episode. I was esp. happy because I was SURE that Blok's symbol was in the opening credit and sure enough he does appear in the background( as does Dream Girl!). I also loved how they showed the twinning of LL's home.
And Superboy/man making fun of the fact that LL is a farm boy= pure gold. So yeah plan to tape/watch it from now on.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home