Messages in Bottles

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Vicious Circles

Ok, I've been a bit mellow the past week or so... taking it easy, playing too much Rumble Roses( as opposed to reading or job search) because RR has been a nice bit of non thinking, cheesy/cheesecake game.

I tried to get off my butt on Wednesday to do job search stuff... and I started and everything but my follow throu sucked.

Just like my sleep had problems do to a bad vicious circle( couldn't sleep= so worried about sleeping= so couldn't sleep).. work is a big problem

get depressed about work= need to relax=don't look for a new job as much as I should so...= get depressed because I *STILL* work at the gift store.
Bleh.

Last night was really a low point.

What happened shouldn't happen to a dog.

We've had people visiting from another gift store in the chain... Their store is closed due to remodeling... so they've been 'helping' out/ getting hours from us. Their assistant managers thought that one of my fellow associates was a 'sales lead'( first level of management)... and she wasn't. My manager decided that it was slow so started actually training her.
So she ends up bossing ME arround. Picking on me, and making sure that I'm doing work. So like the manager, another sales associate and her are doing NOTHING( the other sales associate is in fact doing logic puzzles- which he is failing to be able to do)... and she's got me doing busy work... and making sure that I do it.

this just pisses me off. Sorta like I realized that I read 1984( a co-worker is reading it for class) in 1984- and MANY of my co-workers( including the aforementioned b*tch) weren't even born yet...
And I only get like $2 an hour more then them... less if the b*tch gets promoted.
It's enough to drive me to drinking or video games....

I need a real job, one that I feel some sense of fulfilment.

Oh and while he was 'reviewing' her about how well she did- I made jokes because well I found it rather sad that she was getting promoted and I was... still at the gift store.

I also found it funny in a sad way that the ass't manager of the other store... well management gets to review themselves for the yearly salery reviews. she gave herself like 12 perfect scores. I asked her snarky if she gets POINTS OFF for grading herself too high. She chuckled and said no... and her manager seemed to agree with her evaluation... Meanwhile I'll consider myself lucky if my manager gives me an "above average" on the whole review. I know I'll get a couple of above averages, but don't really expect any perfects- and he's already implied in my last review- which he's never let me see... that I got a couple of below averages...

ugh.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home