WTF...
I was planning on writing an amusing post tonight talking about how Boston mishandled the whole Cartoon Network hype- putting at the end the fact that me and my friend laughing our @$$ off because we saw a neon sign in a local dive bar of a moonite giving us the finger...
but instead I'm blogging about how I plan to call in sick on Saturday. See, most of the day was pretty quiet and I kept amused. B was at the store, but she was downstairs recieving and the punk@$$ kid, while also 'there' seemed to be working with her. I was told by a supervisor to restock all the registers with register rolls. I emptied the two boxes we had upstairs and went downstairs to get another box. B used a 'tone' to tell me that we had two boxes upstairs when I told her what I was doing... Then as I mentioned I was going to use the dumbwaiter to send the box up she told me to unload the dumbwaiter upstairs. As I was leaving, she mentioned to the punk that she bet that I wouldn't unload the dumbwaiter... so I decided that I would FIRST put out the rolls. I also did this as we have two carts to unload the dumbwaiter... one was on the floor and the other was just messy and I didn't want to deal with it. I closed the dumbwaiter so they could call it back and then put out the rolls.
When I got back to the backroom... she had taken it on herself to come up to YELL at me for not empting the dumbwaiter. I tried to explain that the carts weren't ready.. and she would have NONE of that. Then when I went to open the dumb waiter, as a way of 'making nice' I found they had called it back and were loading it more... At this point I should point out that it wasn't even 1/2 full, BUT she somehow felt the NEED to come up and yell at me.
I then told her that I was off as it was quiting time for me... I was leaving about 5 min early, but couldn't leave fast enough.
Even though I don't like my manager- I'm not happy he's not there to complain about this to. I'm less happy that Ass't Manager L is off for the next week or so... as she could confirm to someone what a ball buster B was to me last week. I briefly left off steam to a supervisor tonight, but already regret that. I want to call HR about B, but again since MY manager isn't arround I don't see any good coming of narc'ing on B. and that's why I'm seriously thinking of calling in on Saturday as there would be two hours where it would just be me, her and another of HER staff and I totally think she has a double standard for her staff then she does for MY co-workers... they're all very cliquey from her store. So I figure if there would be something to do- I'd be the one ordered to do it.
Oh and I did email an ex-mananger from the gift store- as she really hated B, and asked her why she thought that B hated me. I know evan implied it might be because she thinks I'm smarter then her... and unlike my manager who just gets off on being my boss even though I'm more educated, B might have a bigger problem with things. Just as I told the supervisor- I think B is riding me for no fault of mine.
And this makes me want to re-think starting 1984, as perhaps I should be reading something more upbeat. Or perhaps not being Wilson would make me realize that my life could be worse.
but instead I'm blogging about how I plan to call in sick on Saturday. See, most of the day was pretty quiet and I kept amused. B was at the store, but she was downstairs recieving and the punk@$$ kid, while also 'there' seemed to be working with her. I was told by a supervisor to restock all the registers with register rolls. I emptied the two boxes we had upstairs and went downstairs to get another box. B used a 'tone' to tell me that we had two boxes upstairs when I told her what I was doing... Then as I mentioned I was going to use the dumbwaiter to send the box up she told me to unload the dumbwaiter upstairs. As I was leaving, she mentioned to the punk that she bet that I wouldn't unload the dumbwaiter... so I decided that I would FIRST put out the rolls. I also did this as we have two carts to unload the dumbwaiter... one was on the floor and the other was just messy and I didn't want to deal with it. I closed the dumbwaiter so they could call it back and then put out the rolls.
When I got back to the backroom... she had taken it on herself to come up to YELL at me for not empting the dumbwaiter. I tried to explain that the carts weren't ready.. and she would have NONE of that. Then when I went to open the dumb waiter, as a way of 'making nice' I found they had called it back and were loading it more... At this point I should point out that it wasn't even 1/2 full, BUT she somehow felt the NEED to come up and yell at me.
I then told her that I was off as it was quiting time for me... I was leaving about 5 min early, but couldn't leave fast enough.
Even though I don't like my manager- I'm not happy he's not there to complain about this to. I'm less happy that Ass't Manager L is off for the next week or so... as she could confirm to someone what a ball buster B was to me last week. I briefly left off steam to a supervisor tonight, but already regret that. I want to call HR about B, but again since MY manager isn't arround I don't see any good coming of narc'ing on B. and that's why I'm seriously thinking of calling in on Saturday as there would be two hours where it would just be me, her and another of HER staff and I totally think she has a double standard for her staff then she does for MY co-workers... they're all very cliquey from her store. So I figure if there would be something to do- I'd be the one ordered to do it.
Oh and I did email an ex-mananger from the gift store- as she really hated B, and asked her why she thought that B hated me. I know evan implied it might be because she thinks I'm smarter then her... and unlike my manager who just gets off on being my boss even though I'm more educated, B might have a bigger problem with things. Just as I told the supervisor- I think B is riding me for no fault of mine.
And this makes me want to re-think starting 1984, as perhaps I should be reading something more upbeat. Or perhaps not being Wilson would make me realize that my life could be worse.
Labels: gift store


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home