News...
I want to say here what I said to a friend today.
I don't really consider Anna Niocle Smith's death news. What I consider news is that a woman was RAPED in Fl. Then after being brought to a rape center and talking to the police, the police found out that there was an outstanding warrent for HER. The police then arrested her and put HER in jail for two days.
Ok now here's the kicker. She was given two morning after pills- one she took, one she was to take the next day... when she was IN JAIL.
Needless to say- the jailer refused because of HIS beliefs.
This is/should be news.
A druggie who died after marrying a rich old guy( and has been in a legal battle for his money for years)... and is famous for being famous is NOT news.
Or to put it another way( though I really like the above) How many Iraqis/ U.S. troops died the same day as ANS? How many have died since she died? How are their deaths less news/tragic.
I don't really consider Anna Niocle Smith's death news. What I consider news is that a woman was RAPED in Fl. Then after being brought to a rape center and talking to the police, the police found out that there was an outstanding warrent for HER. The police then arrested her and put HER in jail for two days.
Ok now here's the kicker. She was given two morning after pills- one she took, one she was to take the next day... when she was IN JAIL.
Needless to say- the jailer refused because of HIS beliefs.
This is/should be news.
A druggie who died after marrying a rich old guy( and has been in a legal battle for his money for years)... and is famous for being famous is NOT news.
Or to put it another way( though I really like the above) How many Iraqis/ U.S. troops died the same day as ANS? How many have died since she died? How are their deaths less news/tragic.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home