Messages in Bottles

Thursday, February 22, 2007

My Monday

First, I want to mention that I was waffling about blogging about Monday. I had decided not to blog about it, because I wanted to forget Monday.

So the reason I'm blogging about it... well I'll tell you what happened TODAY after I explain Monday.

Monday started with porn. I started it with porn because I suggested to Evan on Saturday that porn makes people happy. I figured Monday was going to be AWFUL because it was a school day off/ work day off so we were going to have a HUGE amount of loud screaming kids( and parents). I figured if I took my advice to Evan and looked at some porn- in moments where I could think, I'd think of porn and find my 'happy place' things would go better.
Sadly this did NOT happen. What happened was I never got a moment to think and when I could think.... all I could think is why didn't I call in sick.
The thing that really peeved me( and the bud of the reason I'm blogging) is that I was standing there at a register for 8 hours straight just ringing and wanting people to BE QUIET, and I noticed that whenever I look to see this punk kid who works with me... he's chatting up one of the other casheirs or otherwise not doing jack. This angers me as for all my experience and knowedge and hard work- I only make about $2 an hour more them him and he does NOTHING.
So at one point I ask him to work. I try ringing up a hat and the bar code on it isn't the GIFT STORE'S bar code so it doesn't ring up. I tell him this and ask him to get one that does scan. So of course he tries scanning it... Like I'm that much of an idoit that I scanned it wrong. Then while he's getting another hat I try to find it in our database. Our database sucks. It is amazing sometimes how things are in it. Like today I had a mini sand frog, and while I was able to find it if I typed in frog... it wouldn't come up with frog sand. So I find A hat to ring her hat under- different hat but same price point. He comes back says that they are ALL priced with the wrong price code. I then try to keep the line moving and ring people up while explaining to him that what he SHOULD do is find out how the hat is in the computer and price it correctly. He basically points out what's the point as I've wrung up the customer. THEN after I ring someone else up- and she complains that I wasn't paying enough attention to HER because I was talking with my co-worker. He, of course, takes her side and needles me for not doing MY JOB. I YELL at him for him to do HIS JOB. He walked away.

So I came home... I got home late because we were open late on monday( because it was a 'holiday') and after a crappy day at work, I ended up buying chinese and eating it... Heck I decided not to watch Heroes until Tuesday as I got in after it begun( and glad I didn't see it monday at 10pm because as I've told evan- disliked it).

So I spend tuesday and wednesday putting monday out of my mind- fearing the little kids and their NOISE. Again don't get me wrong, I like my nephew- I look forward to meeting my sister's next kid, and I've already started worrying for the well being of my older brother's rugrat... but enmass, wanting SUGAR... not for me. So I'm getting a drink of water today... Because besides being sore from saying NEXT! all the time, the gift store is a hot house. The temp. outside is only sorta cold, but they haven't changed stuff inside so it's broiling. Anyway I'm hot, tired and a bit cranky and one of my ass't managers asks me to fill out an incident report. I'm like WTF? Because I know I told him ON MONDAY after I sorta yelled at the screw head, I told him that I wanted the punk away from me or I'd kill him. So I tell the ass't manager that what I said to him about killing the punk was OFF THE FLOOR and OFF THE RECORD. He said he understood but he wanted me to fill out the report.
From what I think he was trying to say, the fact that he wanted MY SIDE of things... I think the punk reported me for yelling at him to do his job.
When I wrote my report,which was put in MY file, I tried to take a middle course. I admitted that a customer complained that I was talking to the co-worker when I should've been talking to them( so not multi-tasking to the best of my ability) and admited that after he told me to do MY job, I told him he should do HIS job... but didn't really note that I yelled at him. I took a middle road because I didn't want to come off 1/2 as bitter as I am. I figured his version would make him look like a saint and me an ehh-hole; while if I just tried to point out that he wasn't helpful, they'd be able to read between the lines as they should bloody well be aware what a screw head he is.

What really bothers me about this is a) the manager is away for a week or two- so I won't know how this turns out for a while yet... and b) I have YET to recieve anything related to a 'yearly' raise... and fear they'll use this as an excuse to give me lower grades.
Bloody hell. As I read the last thing I wrote I wonder if the week has gotten worse because of this screw head.

Oh and not sure if it's a capper on my week or what but- Harley's appearing on THE Batman. Even though I *love* Harley- I intend to avoid it... though am thinking of watching/taping Legion.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home