Messages in Bottles

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Big Ball of Stress


That's what I was earlier today (bit better NOW)

It's my day off... and for most of it, all I did was STRESS.

Heck I didn't have ass't manager yelling at me and it still wasn't a good day.

I know my Dad tells me that I have it OH SO WELL...
Heck according to Laura Bush I prolly have it better then her and her husband.
No, I'm not kidding she had the nerve to complain ""No one suffers more than their president and I do."
What happened is my TV started going on the fritz again yesterday. Out of focus... and I know it was the TV because it happened while TRYING to play M:UA (and as an aside... Like Hulk, Doom has the cheese lightning and loved that when I did the DD mission disk I could see for s*** which I was amused by). So I couldn't play that last night. AS today was a day off and last time it was just the power cord. So today I borrowed a power cord from the game store...Not sure if I’m going to describe this quite right but there’s an outlet right by the TV( that’s why it’s there) with two connections( what a friend calls the two places to plug things in- I was calling them ports ala computer stuff)…. I have my power cord in one connection… which has my xbox360, ps2 (though not in use), TV, cable, and Stereo. Now that seems like a lot but a) all the plugs fit on the power strip and b) it doesn’t usually seem to be a problem… However I got another power strip and put it in the other connection and the picture was STILL fuzzy. So I was like CRAP! This means NO trip to Vegas.
Now I will admit I’m not sure how much I was looking to Vegas as this was really my 3rd choice. First would’ve been to go to Canada and visit peoples there- but that fell through. Second choice would’ve been to visit Evan, but that was put on the shelf even before I talked to him as I plan to visit relatives when I go to Ca. ( and thus get folks to help me) HOWEVER with a new baby due any day now( I just found out that if the baby doesn’t show up by next Tuesday- it will be induced)… I figured that I don’t want to share MY day with a baby. Also with B- if I was out there for the b-day, my brother and mom would insist I spend it with bro( who already had tried to weasel his way to spend time in Vegas with me, nevermind the aforementioned bundle he’s getting)- instead of getting hammered with Evan( I like to drink but am a cheap date). So I haven’t spent all that much time working out my trip… and what I did- made me realize that the trip would be more $ then I wanted( as I mentioned previously…)
So canceling it has been in the back of my mind for the past few days- and now it’s out of my hands. My Mom was much more understanding when I told her the news then I thought she’d be… though at the same time, she tried to strong arm me to visiting her. I wouldn’t mind seeing my nephews (sister’s kids) but not sure I really want to be around my mum for the 40th.
That said she’s offered some benjamins to help me buy the tv set.

Now why I’m not the stress cat I was 2 hours ago- even though I can’t play my games… and I’m going to have to watch my netflix on dvd- is because I got my geek on. I bought about a month’s worth of comics( I know this as I had Buffy 2 & 3), and I was able to talk to another comic geek. It was nice out so we talked outside- as the game store closed and I didn’t feel like inviting someone to my messy apartment… but even if we talked just about how crappy Superman is( and how he has only 3 movie worthy villains). It was nice just to shoot the breeze about nothing.
Then when I was done I came home and used an extension cord I borrowed from the game store- to make sure that I wasn’t overloading the outlet( which I figured I hadn’t but wanted to make 110% before I bought another TV).

So in conclusion- day started crappy because of TV, and I accomplished FAR less then I wanted (didn’t do laundry or get a pair of NEW work pants altered or go to the gym) and I stressed for most of the day… for some reason I’m ending the day on a nice note of having got my geek on (speaking of which I got a SHINEY new Flash shirt. I’m very happy about the shininess of the shirt and the fact that it’s the first Flash shirt that will FIT my trim body instead of me swimming in it).
Plus for all the minuses- I didn’t hit the ice cream or booze… though again I did go to the comics…

G’night All.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home