Messages in Bottles

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Meeps.



I was perhaps ‘punked’ the other day and didn’t know it. I didn’t know it because at this point it’s hard for me to get into a real political argument. The guy who punked me was a friend of the manager of the game store (one of my best friends) and while the manager was in the bathroom, his friend pointed out that as far as HE was concerned the democrats are just as bad as the repubs. Now in 2000, I could ALMOST buy that- I didn’t AGREE with it, as even before +insert fateful day+ I knew there was something wrong with Georgie… However NOW, I can’t buy for a second that what horrors have befallen this country would’ve happened had Gore been in office. The guy I was talking to wasn’t buying it… He went on and on about how dems and repugs were cut from the same cloth. I gave up and just waited until the manager was back from the bathroom to go home. I then complained to my friend how FED UP I am of these days of people saying that one elected official is like another. On the one hand I think Hillary and McCain are equally BAD candidates and more interested in being president because they each feel they deserve to be president… but I really feel that you can’t make sweeping generalities of BOTH parties because a) the repugs have a lot more bad apples. And b) it really isn’t fair to say that the Chinese are like the Japanese because they are both Asian.
When I told the above to my friend, he pointed that his friend was just baiting me… and I was like- Oh! I didn’t notice because at this point I’m just F’ing tired of this stuff. I hear too much of the republican talking points and NOT enough of reporters calling them on their crap.
I mean 70% of the United States wants us out of Iraq… And at this point in my life, I have NO USE for the other 30%.
Rosie got in trouble on the view for having the NERVE to suggest that OUR TROOPS our killing innocent Iraqis. Well they are. Just like Ron Paul hit the nail on the head when he pointed out the U.S. was attacked on [that date] NOT because they hate our freedoms but because we keep meddling in the Middle East. The reaction from the rest of his party- He was immediately asked to take back his words.

Am I upset at the democrats for ALLOWING W. to get his spending bill for Iraq? Hell yes… But at the same time I noted that BOTH my senators- Kerry and Kennedy both voted AGAINST the spending bill. Oh and Edwards was quite vocal about the vote- even interrupting his own presidential fund raising to ask people to help HIM put ads on the air to force congress to continue to try and end the war.
Edwards is different from Mitt. They both are politicians. They both are rich white guys who most likely spend more then I make in a week on a dinner out with their wives. However to say they are both ‘the man’ and would make an equally good/bad president would be like saying that I’m as funny as Jerry Seinfield because we were both Jewish males who lived in NYC.

I can’t deal with the abstracts, because as far as I’m concerned in the abstract- the United States has too many darn morons. You don’t vote for someone because you think they’re a swell guy (as what happened in 2000), you SHOULD vote for someone on whether you think that would make a GOOD president. Just like if they don’t follow their campaign promises (like not wanting to be a “nation builder”) then you shouldn’t vote for them AGAIN.

I find it a puzzlement that most of your U.S. citizens are pro choice, yet they keep voting for people who believe that abortion doctors are KILLERS.

Oh and another thing that pisses me off about the repugs and dems are the same… Personal Rights. As far as MOST democrats are concerned- my business is my own. Not so with the repugs who cry fowl when gays get married. Oh and I was JUST today told the story of Edgardo Mortara. He was a Jew who was baptized, against his parents wishes. Then the Church decided that since he was baptized, he could NOT be raised by Jews, even if the Jews in question happened to be his parents… I have NO DOUBT that most of the neocons would have NO PROBLEM with the church doing this- never mind that they seem to have a problem with the government helping

I’m tired. Tired of everything. I realized that my birthday celebrated a) my SHEER luck at not being killed in the 40 years since my birth and b) my stifling my suicidal tendencies… I’m way too lazy or scared of what comes NEXT to actually end my existence- As I’m pretty sure that’s what happens when I die. Worm Bait. I don’t want to believe in a Heaven without a Hell- and I don’t think I’d trust any deity to truly decide who was good and who was bad.

Now for my Canadian readers- if any of you know a good job search website so I could apply for a job at a college library in Toronto… or a public library in Toronto or it’s burbs… please let me know. If Hillary gets the democratic nod I SOO want to NOT be here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home