Whole ball of wax today...

I'm not sure if I've said this here.. But I OFTEN think
"Please make it stop."
Not out loud but I think it...
Because I'm tired of retail and the crap I deal with both at work and with my family.
Today is one of those days which just took too much out of me, and I as usual have nothing to show for it.
I got up before my alarm (so what else is new). I set it for 7:20 as I had to be at work at 9 am. Got up around 6. Read some comics and didn't do too much...
Got to work and the STRESS began. The receiver( who's management but mostly stays downstairs receiving aka J) is PISSED because K was suppose to be there at 8 am and he had NO CLUE where he was or when he'd get there.... I tried to help however I could to get the store up and running as we had an hour before the store opened at 10 am.
K arrives sometime after me but that doesn't stop J from complaining to me for the rest of the day... Esp. as between 10 am and Noonish (the manager was also a bit late), it was just the 3 of us... and for there to be more then me on the floor, it meant that J instead of being downstairs... had to be on the floor. I also wasn't happy that even though I arrived ON TIME, K was giving himself an earlier lunch then me... and 'fixed' the schedule so it said he was working 9-6 instead of the 8-5 he was suppose to work.
Oh wait, I forgot that there was another worker with us... one who like K was about an hour late... and who I rarely saw do anything... Plus she's given notice so they can't do anything to her.
So there I am getting angry for most of the day- I also am the front line dealing with these annoying kids. It seems that you can get all the way to high school without learning the notice/thought skill set needed to identify a LINE in a RETAIL store. I was amazed at how many kids today, after I took the time of telling them how much the object in their hands costs (because they also don't seem to have the skills needed to check for a price label, and would prefer to bug ME about it), they take out their money to say "here, I'm buying this!" and I have to explain to them that there's A LINE of people trying to buy stuff.
I also was 'amused' when I had a teacher ask me to open another register because their bus was about to leave... and I had to point out there was NO ONE to man another register.
And of course, while I saw the receiver and manager help out... I don't think I saw K help. Heck towards the end of the day- I was thankfully pulled from ringing and told to clean the store... Until K motions to me and pantomimes something... I figure he wants me to ring, even though my register is taken... So I confront him and ask him what he wants. He tells me to go to the other end of the store and start ringing... I roll my eyes and tell him if he wants me to ring ASK ME!
I then start ringing and ringing... and noticing that he's standing in front of a broken register not doing anything. He then comes over telling me that he was on the phone talking to tech support trying to get the register up and running and wanted ME ringing as he didn't want a line in front of his register wondering why he isn't helping them... I roll my eye... but I get peeved later when I'm ringing and I see him chatting away with two other co-workers. I'm busting my chops and he's having fun. Not fair.
I also want to mention that I overheard J and the manager. J seemed to complain that K seems to come when he pleases... and the Manager was like "what can he do" and seemed more annoyed that one of my other co-workers isn't able to work this week- never mind that she has a doctor's note. The manager seemed more pissed about the worker not showing up then K being late on a regular basis.
So most of the day, I'm just trying to take money from these unruly kids and in moments of thought... I get angry about things.
I ended up leaving about a 1/2 hour early because I didn't think I could stand up ANY more... I'm that tired.
AND PISSED... See this is where I bring in the family. I've been fighting an (apparently) losing battle with my mom about going in to NYC for my 40th. Guess I shouldn't have told her I wasn't going to Vegas. Sucks.
Before I left work, I checked my messages as my brother's gf went to the doctor yesterday and I wasn't sure if they were going to induce labor. I get a message from my sister saying how EXICITED she is that I'll be visiting for my b'day. I was like WTF? As the last time I talked to my mom I told her I didn't really want to come in, that I'm depressed and not fit company and would rather clean my apartment or do job search... DO something CONSTRUCTIVE as I feel my life is going nowhere.
[It also didn't help me when my older bro told me how he did nothing for his 40th... because his 30th was so good... and mine sucked royally].
So I was a little less then happy to hear my mom promising my sister I was coming in.
This why I left work early... because I felt my anger and stress had taken all my energy from me... Heck I'm sitting down right now and my legs feel like taffy.
After having a cliff bar for dinner and checking a couple things on my computer I called my mom. I first asked her about my brother's impending child... seems the bun is still in the oven... and they won't induce labor until next Wednesday.
So I then tell her how utterly tired I am and that I don’t really want to celebrate my birthday… And she mentions that my Dad wants me to meet a librarian on the 21st. To which I replied a) that’s news to me and b) that’s another reason I don’t want to come in. I don’t want to deal with my Dad. She explains that it would be good for me to talk to a librarian. I counter that I really don’t want to deal with my Dad on my birthday… And did I mention that my Dad said that both my older brother and I were only ½ a good person each. She countered that that comment was a while ago. I countered that was the last time I saw him, not a ‘few years ago like how burnt into my brain is the first time I saw him after 9/11 where he mentioned how disappointed he was in my older brother and me. Nor do I mention if my Dad wanted to be sooo f’ing helpful, why didn’t he introduce me to this librarian 3 years ago?
While writing this I talked to my step-sister. I usually have been dropping the step because well… she’s family and it’s hard to go STEP nephew and STEP brother in law… so she’s just sis. However, I emphasize step this time and she agrees with me that my Dad seems to be a complete wanker. I called her to let her know that my Mom was trying to strong arm me to be in the city… while I want to see my new nephew (and at this point she mentioned he wasn’t going anywhere), I’d like to figure out how to get my television out of my apartment (then had to explain my television is dead… and I can’t really get a new one until I get rid of this one). She seemed to listen well and understand that I don’t really want to do anything for my birthday. I stayed away from saying bad things about my mom, as she and my mom get along better then me and her dad. However, I told her that I think if I went down to see my mom I’d end up having to see my dad, because I do try to balance them.
I’m tired and the only reason I’m not in bed is because I’m working tomorrow from 2pm to 10pm and the only way I’m not going to be up a god awful amount of hours- is if I try staying up so I don’t wake TOO F’ING early.
Think that’s it- took me a while to write. Oh and for some reason did a search on ebay games and hobbies for dice… 790 listings- just in case anybody else was wondering.
(and it took me ONLY two pages to find a set of ‘cheater’ dice… 3d6 with the first dice having 1-5 and then another one. A ‘straight die’ and the third having 2-6 with an extra 6)
Labels: Dad, Melt Down, Mom, My impending 40th


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home