Messages in Bottles

Monday, May 14, 2007

WTFBBQ!


Ok... I had one of those WTF moments at work today... one that is usually reserved for reading about repugs.

We got in a new food item... Astronaut Ice Cream SANDWICHES. Now Astro Ice Cream is one of our best selling items and so I was happy to get in the sandwiches. I then put one aside and told my co-workers I planned to buy it for lunch... as I like the astro ice cream and wanted to try it. I mentioned that I would PREFER if we could damage it out... I.E. Open it, try it and not pay for it... but I figured since the ass't manager who was really GROOVY about that had left, I was just going to have to buy it.

Then the Sales Supervisor(T), with egging by one of my other co-workers(V), decided to bend the rules and lets the other co worker open a package. I should repeat, I was willing to pay and didn't force the manager to open the product.

I say this because Kenny-boy( I have previously referred to this Ass't Manager as Ass't K... but feel I can share his nick name without getting in trouble as I think it will be hard to find my blog using my resume and I'll never give Kenny-boy as a reference)... anyway Kenny-boy sees us doing this. Instead of asking me to PAY for the ice cream or otherwise scold me/us for this... he calls the manager. I'm told this about 20 min. later as I'm coming from the food court to eat my lunch in the backroom. T tells me how she heard that Kenny-boy saw the whole thing and called the manager. She then upends her pocket and gives me her change and tells me to BUY Astro Ice Cream. I tell T I'll do that after I eat... While I'm in the backroom, Kenny-boy brings the damaged bag into the back. The 'damaged bag' is where we put all the items that are returned damaged or we find damaged on the floor... So I'm like, Ok I'll grab the astro ice cream bag after I'm done BUT NO! Kenny-boy manages to bring the bag with the 'evidence' downstairs before I'm done.
So I talk to T and tell her I'll have Ass't Manager La ring me up... I approach La because, as mentioned before, I like La and figure while she might not have approved of us openning the ice cream... she'd help me 'make it right'( she and her hubby like Quantum Leap as do I). It seems La already knows what's what, as she was the one who tipped off T to what was going on... and La has NO PROBLEM ringing me up for the Astro Ice Cream Sandwich. I just take a package from the shelf, have her ring me using that... and La, of course, rings me in the PROFESSIONAL manner- which is to say I'm suppose to have a manager ring me up and give them my employee number as proof that they're ringing me up.
So La rung me up and I have in my wallet proof that I bought the astro ice cream sandwich SHOULD it come to that....

It just pisses me off a) that he didn't confront him. I'd like to think that I wouldn't have narc'ed on T... but I know I would've told that I'd have NO PROBLEM paying for the product. B) That Kenny-boy is the one to have done this. If I haven't mentioned it lately, last week Kenny-boy was ONE HOUR late for work last week. He was suppose to be there from 8-5 to help open the store... and he didn't show up until after 9 am... Whereby he changed the daily schedule so he was working 9am to 6pm... And that was not the only time he's been an hour( or more) late... So for HIM to get on his high horse makes me sick. I don't mind when La stares me down because I know she's holding herself to the same standard that she's holding herself... but Kenny-boy- Bleh!

Needless to say Kenny is a good reason for me to get my crap together so I can leave the gift store. Goodness knows I don't want to be there AFTER La as I'd then have nobody on the management team I like.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home