Messages in Bottles

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Asked and Answered...?


Evan asked me about the "fallout" from Kenny Boy's narc'ing on me...

And I wish I could answer.

First, the incident happened on Monday, and I was off on Tuesday. So I went into today expecting for the shoe to drop. Well actually reverse that. I was HOPING to be confronted. So that I could point out at first that it was a 'he said, she said' as Kenny Boy was accusing me with NO PROOF and then move on to MY PROOF of the reciept that I got from paying and having my co worker vouch for me by saying a) she heard me say I was going to buy the sandwich and b) that she SAW me buy the sandwich...

And I got NOTHING. Neither the manager or Kenny Boy mentioned it AT ALL.

I was very disappointed and I thought a couple of times of trying to sneak into the office( my id lets me in) so I could check out my file, just to see what's in it. But about mid day when I realized that nothing was happening- I was reminded about my 'arguement' with a do nothing co worker. I blogged about how I was worried because I was forced to write an 'incident' report... And then NOTHING came of that. I think this shows again my Manager's crappy follow through.... and why I think he has a communication problem.

Other news at work: one of my co-workers who I sorta like was stupid enough to tell management that she was leaving early today to go on a JOB INTERVIEW. I told she should've called in sick. I refused to tell her where I could be overheard by management that if not calling in sick- then lie and say she had to help a relitive go to a medical appointment or some such lie. She mentioned she gave them the heads up because when she got the job- her hours would change. I didn't change it from WHEN to IF as I didn't want to rattle her. Likewise I was amused that Kenny Boy was giving her advice about the interview. She mentioned that he was just GIVING it to her and she wasn't asking him. She did ask me for advice... and I tried to help her while at the same time tried to keep SOME distance from her as I didn't want KENNY writing me up for being too friendly with her.
That is a bone of irony arround the store. Basically the Manager used to complain that there was a time when we were ALL too friendly with each other and hanging out and stuff.. and now he's being oh so friendly with 2 of his ass't managers, playing WoW with one and poker prolly with both.

Oh and since I'm blogging.... This prolly deserves it's own post but I'm feeling lazy( and it's the end of my day so please forgive)>>>
I have a niece. My brother's girlfriend has given birth to a girl.She was given a name between the first call I had with my brother and the second( he called me moments ago to tell me HER NAME). it was the name that my mom told me yesterday they were planning to name her... but I'm glad she has a NAME... even if my bro said I could still call her by the nickname they gave her when she was ' a work in progress'. . In our first conversation I had been told/ordered by my brother to 'spoil' her. Ehh.. that of course makes me less want to heep a bunch of stuff on her... esp. as I've mantained when talking about my FIRST nephew- he only started to get interesting after a couple of years. For an Uncle, the kid needs a personality to be loveable.... though the kid already has gotten two presents from Uncle Drew, before she was even born.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home