my day.
I went to my grad school’s employment center to ask them to look at my resume and offer me any advice for the library convention I’m planning on going to.
I came home WAY more depressed then I could imagine… as it was pointed out that my resume reeks of flop sweat- i.e. haven’t had a library job in 7 years. She went on and pointed out that I most likely wasn’t UP TO DATE on library stuff and it showed.
I called my mom, depressed, and left a message to let her know that a) I was depressed, b) I had gotten advice on my resume, c) it was AGAIN pointed out to me that I should be volunteering at a library and d) to thank her for the belt she got me. I thought d) was important because I felt it’s important to say thank you.
She called me back and tried to cheer me up by: 1) reminding me that I’ve been told LOTS of times to find time to volunteer, 2) that I should make SURE that while balancing work, volunteer work and life- that I don’t FORGET to exercise, 3) that I’m not unique and she had to balance work, kids, our school meetings- and various other meetings, 4) that I shouldn’t go to the library convention in Philly if I depressed… because that would accomplish NOTHING.
Because you know NOTHING cheers someone up like reminding them that you won’t love them if they’re fat, they’re not unique, and oh they should CHEER UP GOD DAMN IT otherwise NO ONE WILL HIRE THEM.
So yeah, surprised I’m still around as I really wonder sometimes why I haven’t yet ‘given up’.
I came home WAY more depressed then I could imagine… as it was pointed out that my resume reeks of flop sweat- i.e. haven’t had a library job in 7 years. She went on and pointed out that I most likely wasn’t UP TO DATE on library stuff and it showed.
I called my mom, depressed, and left a message to let her know that a) I was depressed, b) I had gotten advice on my resume, c) it was AGAIN pointed out to me that I should be volunteering at a library and d) to thank her for the belt she got me. I thought d) was important because I felt it’s important to say thank you.
She called me back and tried to cheer me up by: 1) reminding me that I’ve been told LOTS of times to find time to volunteer, 2) that I should make SURE that while balancing work, volunteer work and life- that I don’t FORGET to exercise, 3) that I’m not unique and she had to balance work, kids, our school meetings- and various other meetings, 4) that I shouldn’t go to the library convention in Philly if I depressed… because that would accomplish NOTHING.
Because you know NOTHING cheers someone up like reminding them that you won’t love them if they’re fat, they’re not unique, and oh they should CHEER UP GOD DAMN IT otherwise NO ONE WILL HIRE THEM.
So yeah, surprised I’m still around as I really wonder sometimes why I haven’t yet ‘given up’.
Labels: depression


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home