Messages in Bottles

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Philly


So over my ‘X-Mas Vacation’ I found out that there’s a library convention next weekend in Philly.
So while I’ve done very little actual job search between X-Mas and New Year’s, I have booked a train ride for Thursday the 10th, so I can be fresh for Friday, and I booked a hotel room for Thursday and Friday- coming back on the LAST train on Saturday( leaves at 5:??pm and gets back here around midnight).
At first I figured that ‘most’ of my holiday money was going to this trip… but as things have gone on, the bills have pilled up. First is transportation, then hotel, add renewing my ALA membership (which I have to do tomorrow) and BUYING a ticket to the convention. Those were the up front prices, I’ve since added: buying card stock so I can print my own business cards, buying a new RED shirt to go with my blue sports jacket, getting a new pair of pants altered, and I’ve tried to talk to the person who does my resume so that she could update it. All of this money for the HOPE that I’ll get some sort of job nibble at the convention.

So tomorrow I’ll (hopefully) be going to my grad school for help and advice on how to get a job lead/ help and advice at the convention in Philly.

Oh and FYI- I found out about this convention because my father’s current wife is going to be there hocking HER new book. She’s made it clear that she wouldn’t mind hanging with me… and I’ve tried to be nice and point out that I’ll be there to get WORK… that I’ll be a bundle of nerves and not sure how much I can hang out with her.

So there it is- will be busy getting ready and stressing over going to Philly from Thursday to Saturday (will be working at the game store on Sunday). And what money I have will be going to that- esp. as I realized I should check to see if my suit/jacket/shirts need to go to the cleaners.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home