Messages in Bottles

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Still a putz

Ok… So to continue the thread of setting up a meeting with my Dad- I basically mailed my Dad a letter written by my therapist. I noticed that my therapist did NOT suggest specific days… as he wanted to leave it open to my Dad. So on the 24th, my Dad emailed me
“I think you see him on Wednesdays and the first Wednesday I'm free is Jan 21. I'm also available on 1/28 and 2/4. It gets harder after that because I'll be doing some traveling so it would be good to make one of those days work if possible.”

I should mention that he called my therapist by the wrong name--- and while I do NOT meet my therapist on the EXACT day every week- I didn’t feel the need to clear this up with my dad.

After talking to my therapist today I emailed my Dad that the 28th at 4pm seemed to be good for my therapist…. And while I did NOT confront him with the fact that he called my therapist by the wrong last name- I did make sure that I mentioned my therapist’s last name when saying he (my therapist) wanted the 28th at 4pm.
My Dad responded today said
“I've just had some work things come up that make meeting in January difficult. So let's shoot for February or March or later in the year.”

He goes on to say:
I'd like to talk to Dr. {wrong last name again} before we meet so I feel a bit prepared. Please give him my e mail address so he can contact me before we meet.”

WTF?

This letter angered me on several of the usual levels:
1)Considering I told my Dad I was sorta tired of him ‘fitting me in when he wasn’t busy with Ro…” I find this annoying that we started with HIS SCHEDULE- which he then changed in less then a week without telling me.
2)He doesn’t seem to take the trouble to ACTUALLY read my notes… as I use the correct last name of my therapist and he does NOT.
3)He once again is trying to make an end run and get access to my therapist without MY consent. Notice he does NOT ask ME whether it would be ok with ME if he talked to my therapist… He simply states ‘his’ logic and expects me to follow through.

I really feel that my Dad is just showing me what an IDIOT he is… and helping to reinforce the idea that I want to stay away from him… especially as I want to start THINKING of visiting my nieces (and clan Peterson) sometime in Feb/March.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 1/16/2009 05:03:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Shit shit shit! I was so busy fuming over my red ring of death today I forgot to get the greyhound schedule for you. Tomorrow.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home