Get it in Writing...
Today's roller coaster of emotions ended on a high note thanks to what should be my new mantra "Get it writing" .
As I've mentioned, in my last post, I've realized that I only want to work 4 days a week at the museum + 1 day at the game store and have TWO days off. That way I can have time off and look for a real job.
So today I gave the Ass Manager( it's a joke!) my new schedule, where I told her I was only availible 4 days a week. She refused it. She told me that the reason I was given full time was because of my willingness to work a 40 hour week. I mumbled that no it was because THEY didn't know that 32 hours a week = full time.
I then went to dinner in the libray of the Museum. While eating my cliff bar( because I had dinner at 4pm), I remembered a friend telling me to 'get everything in writing.' I realized that she was going to be working at another location this week, so by the time things got 'straighted' out she could do a week or two of the 'old' availibility. Esp. as we could get into a "he said, she said" with the manager. So I went back to the store... to ask her to "put it in writing" that she refused my new schedule. She wasn't there, as she was on break herself... so I let the Ass't manager who I like and was in the store, know that I wanted the Ass Manager to give me her rejection in writing. Rather then wait for the Ass Manager to get her food in the food court, I went back up to the library, where I stewed and tried to relax for the rest of the hour.
I then went back to the store... and the Ass manager backed off. She accepted my new schedule and made it sound like she was doing me a favor, that she would take the heat if the manager disliked it. I kept a straight face.
See I figure she took it because I called her bluff. If she put it in writing, she knew I'd be able to show the manager and/or H.R. EXACTLY what happened. No he said, she said. Clear what I wanted and what she had done.
Her backing off made me glad that I also had her sign my copy of my schedule. I did that so that I could prove that she saw my schedule and that way she couldn't feign the fact that she had 'just glanced at it'
So my matra when dealing with the Ass Manager. Get it in Writing.
As I've mentioned, in my last post, I've realized that I only want to work 4 days a week at the museum + 1 day at the game store and have TWO days off. That way I can have time off and look for a real job.
So today I gave the Ass Manager( it's a joke!) my new schedule, where I told her I was only availible 4 days a week. She refused it. She told me that the reason I was given full time was because of my willingness to work a 40 hour week. I mumbled that no it was because THEY didn't know that 32 hours a week = full time.
I then went to dinner in the libray of the Museum. While eating my cliff bar( because I had dinner at 4pm), I remembered a friend telling me to 'get everything in writing.' I realized that she was going to be working at another location this week, so by the time things got 'straighted' out she could do a week or two of the 'old' availibility. Esp. as we could get into a "he said, she said" with the manager. So I went back to the store... to ask her to "put it in writing" that she refused my new schedule. She wasn't there, as she was on break herself... so I let the Ass't manager who I like and was in the store, know that I wanted the Ass Manager to give me her rejection in writing. Rather then wait for the Ass Manager to get her food in the food court, I went back up to the library, where I stewed and tried to relax for the rest of the hour.
I then went back to the store... and the Ass manager backed off. She accepted my new schedule and made it sound like she was doing me a favor, that she would take the heat if the manager disliked it. I kept a straight face.
See I figure she took it because I called her bluff. If she put it in writing, she knew I'd be able to show the manager and/or H.R. EXACTLY what happened. No he said, she said. Clear what I wanted and what she had done.
Her backing off made me glad that I also had her sign my copy of my schedule. I did that so that I could prove that she saw my schedule and that way she couldn't feign the fact that she had 'just glanced at it'
So my matra when dealing with the Ass Manager. Get it in Writing.


1 Comments:
At 4/02/2006 12:04:00 AM,
Angie said…
It's a good mantra! One I agree with wholeheartedly.
Aimee
Post a Comment
<< Home