Messages in Bottles

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Huh?

So about a week after my b'day, my younger brother calls and emails me today. I was doing errands so missed his call.

He told me that he was going to make me an usher, which I didn't find that surprising as we are family and that's something you're supposed to get family to do. I was surprised when my mom told me that my dad was going to be Pete's best man... and shook my head when she implied it was some sort of Christian thing for him to do that( so Christians out there.... please by all means let me know my mom's ignorant).
What however blew me away is he asked for my middle name.
He wanted to put my name on like the invites and he didn’t know my name.

I’m like wtf? I know his middle name, our older brother’s middle name… both of my parents middle names, my step siblings middle names and my nephew’s middle name. Granted I don’t know the middle names of my father’s second and third wife, my step father’s or my step sister’s/ nephew’s dad’s middle name but I think I got the majors.

How can he not know my middle name?

2 Comments:

  • At 5/31/2006 04:17:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    If every girl (well ALMOST every girl) in my family weren't saddled with "Marie" for a middle name, I doubt I'd know my sister's. But, then again, I'm a terrible relative and wasn't in my sister's wedding party.

     
  • At 5/31/2006 04:35:00 PM, Blogger Angie said…

    Umm, I don't know about it being a Christian thing, but I wanted my mom to be my maid-of-honor, though she refused because it wasn't proper or some such thing.

    I dunno?

    And some people (even siblings) are just thoughtless.

    Aimee

     

Post a Comment

<< Home