Today
Two thoughts kept going through my head today at work.
[Eat the brownies]
It was a long day due to the lack business, as people were doing OTHER stuff for the holiday then visiting a museum.
[Eat the brownies]
The first thought occurred when I was watching a co-worker do a task. The task was a mindless, repetitive task of cutting open tiny bags that key chains were shipped in.
[Eat the brownies]
And I asked him… Isn’t it good to feel vital?
I was being snide and I apologized within seconds.
[Eat the brownies]
But at the same time, I was serious. My job is Retail Hell. I do the same job day in, day out; week in, week out; month in, month out… ad infinitum. I went back to school because I wanted
[Eat the brownies]
I wanted to HELP someone. I wanted to feel at the end of the day I touched a live or two. I made someone’s life a little easier or helped them to learn something they didn’t know at the beginning of the day.
[Eat the brownies]
Instead I’ve spent the last 6 years or so in Retail HELL. I mean how hard should it be to get a job in my field???
I've spent more time trying to get a job in Library Science then I did GETTING the degree. And I think every day/month/year that I don't have a library job makes me that much more of a loser.
And then in the background as I tried to go about my day was a voice in the back of my head
[Eat the brownies]
And the voice… of course, kept saying
Eat the brownies
See I’m getting up WAY too early today and…
[Eat the brownies]
I saw Reefer Madness: the Musical. It is one of the funniest darn movies, I’ve seen in ages… and one of the songs was… “Eat the brownies”
I also liked the Listen to Jesus song but it didn’t stick in my head like [Eat the brownies],I guess because while Listen to Jesus had a bunch of good lines- like “Stop indulging like a Roman!” and (Listen to Jesus, Jimmy!) I'm the poster boy for Easter); It didn’t have the repeated refrain [Eat the brownies]. Heck I called the friend who lent me the dvd( as I was bored) and told him [Eat the brownies]. He told me that he’d burn me a copy of the soundtrack.
[Eat the brownies]
It was a long day due to the lack business, as people were doing OTHER stuff for the holiday then visiting a museum.
[Eat the brownies]
The first thought occurred when I was watching a co-worker do a task. The task was a mindless, repetitive task of cutting open tiny bags that key chains were shipped in.
[Eat the brownies]
And I asked him… Isn’t it good to feel vital?
I was being snide and I apologized within seconds.
[Eat the brownies]
But at the same time, I was serious. My job is Retail Hell. I do the same job day in, day out; week in, week out; month in, month out… ad infinitum. I went back to school because I wanted
[Eat the brownies]
I wanted to HELP someone. I wanted to feel at the end of the day I touched a live or two. I made someone’s life a little easier or helped them to learn something they didn’t know at the beginning of the day.
[Eat the brownies]
Instead I’ve spent the last 6 years or so in Retail HELL. I mean how hard should it be to get a job in my field???
I've spent more time trying to get a job in Library Science then I did GETTING the degree. And I think every day/month/year that I don't have a library job makes me that much more of a loser.
And then in the background as I tried to go about my day was a voice in the back of my head
[Eat the brownies]
And the voice… of course, kept saying
Eat the brownies
See I’m getting up WAY too early today and…
[Eat the brownies]
I saw Reefer Madness: the Musical. It is one of the funniest darn movies, I’ve seen in ages… and one of the songs was… “Eat the brownies”
I also liked the Listen to Jesus song but it didn’t stick in my head like [Eat the brownies],I guess because while Listen to Jesus had a bunch of good lines- like “Stop indulging like a Roman!” and (Listen to Jesus, Jimmy!) I'm the poster boy for Easter); It didn’t have the repeated refrain [Eat the brownies]. Heck I called the friend who lent me the dvd( as I was bored) and told him [Eat the brownies]. He told me that he’d burn me a copy of the soundtrack.


1 Comments:
At 5/29/2006 09:03:00 PM,
Angie said…
I spent many (many) years in "Retail Hell" so I definitely feel you!
Thank you for the sweet comments and the *nice thoughts*! I'm going to send some your way too.
Aimee
Post a Comment
<< Home